Talk

Advanced search

'The Time Wreccas' by Val Tyler - a new book for 8-12 year olds

(3 Posts)
anorak Sat 08-Jan-05 12:42:28

This is a debut novel published by Puffin and just coming into the shops now. I helped my friend Val Tyler with it, I am proud to say.

It's an excellent story with a strong moral message, magic, adventure, danger and excitement. I would highly recommend it and have no doubt that it is going to be a well-known book this year.

Here's the synopsis:

"The Wreccas live in the underneath - a world of darkness, filth and squalor. They don't care for rules, or right or wrong. They just love mess and mischief.

Above is Topside, where the Guardians dwell - quietly, secretly looking after the most precious thing in the world, Time.

When a young Wrecca called Snot is sent to Topside to steal something called the Tick, she doesn't really understand what she is doing - or the consequences. But for Snot and a Guardian boy called Tid, the world is about to change. And if they can't get the Tick back, time will stop forever..."

I'd be most interested to hear what people think of this book.

anorak Tue 17-May-05 12:54:28

Now this has been on the shelves for a while, I'm just wondering if anyone's read it, and what they thought of it?

anorak Tue 17-May-05 17:09:45

what, no one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now