Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Story picture books for 2/3 year olds that deal with seperation anxiety?

(9 Posts)
Enideepmidwinter Tue 28-Dec-04 22:34:10

Wasn't sure whether this should be in Behaviour but never mind...dd2 (2) is going through the most extreme form of seperation anxiety at the moment, only wants me, only wants to be carried, can't bear dh, has to be with me AT ALL TIMES etc etc. Anyway, I know its just a phase...but we enjoyed reading Owl Babies tonight (if you haven't got it I can recommend it) - everytime the baby owl says 'I want my mummy', dd2 said 'I want my mummy too, I love my mummy and I miss my mummy' (bless, but also ).

Anyway to cut a long story short I'd love any recommendations of suitable picture books for 2/3 year olds that deal with mummy going away/coming back theme.

WideWebWitch Wed 29-Dec-04 01:13:14

Oh there's one about a skateboarding mummy, hang on I'll see if I can find it.

WideWebWitch Wed 29-Dec-04 01:14:23

this is quite sweet we've got it if you want me to look at it and tell you more.

WideWebWitch Wed 29-Dec-04 01:14:44

It's called Claydon was a clingy child.

Enideepmidwinter Wed 29-Dec-04 10:38:55

www that looks hilarious!

bakedpotatohoho Wed 29-Dec-04 10:56:55

and fgs steer well clear of AA Milne's James James Morrison Morrison

hoxtonchick Wed 29-Dec-04 11:23:11

claydon is hilarious, highly reccommended

Enid Wed 29-Dec-04 20:36:45

yeah dh and I laughed today as we heard that Bambi is coming out on dvd in february, omg that will finish her off good and proper x

Enid Wed 29-Dec-04 20:37:56

we also read Little rabbit lost at a friends house today - v popular. I think I might start an amazon thread on Seperation Anxiety Books

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now