Talk

Advanced search

The Timewaster Letters............................

(4 Posts)
emMerryChristmastmg Mon 27-Dec-04 20:32:26

I got this for DH for xmas and he has been is stitches reading it.

Tears rolling, side splitting, body shaking, uncontrollable laughter.

Whereas I have might give the odd "snort" here and there.

Is it really that funny? Am I missing something?

(very pleased with myself at such a good pressie for him though)

WideWebWitch Mon 27-Dec-04 20:44:04

Well, I bought it for someone (just panic buying, I didn't have anyone in mind, was in Borders) after opening it and laughing out loud. But I think the letter that made me laugh there and then was probably the funniest in the book, now I've read the whole thing, which took me about an hour. I was given a copy of it (gave the one I bought to my sister in the end) and no, I don't think it's that funny really. It has its moments but is very much a one joke book and the joke's not enough to fill a whole book imo. Or funny enough to bear re reading. So if anyone wants it, after a suitable interval (eek, dp gave it to me but pretty sure he won't read this) I'll be giving mine away or leaving it on my bookshelf, never to be opened again.

emMerryChristmastmg Mon 27-Dec-04 20:53:19

I'm glad you've said that WWW.

My DH was crying with laughter for the entire evening and even the following day when he was trying to explain the letters that were so funny.

Honestly, Men!

merrymarthamoo Mon 27-Dec-04 21:49:54

I found it funnier reading snippets in Waterstones than reading the whole thing cover to cover (I got it for dh - mainly so I could read it). Bit disappointed too. Bit like when you sneak the odd chocolate, somehow it tastes nicer than when you sit and pig out on a whole box.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now