Talk

Advanced search

anyone else reading Richard Hammond's autobiography?

(8 Posts)
deaconblue Mon 21-Jan-08 13:50:33

very moving, am really enjoying it although makes me a bit weepy. The section his wife wrote is really powerful

luciemule Mon 21-Jan-08 16:15:04

DH has just read it - I'm still in the first couple of chapters.

Quite a simply written book so far (easy on my tired brain by bedtime!) but I'm enjoying it.

thisisRialifebaby Tue 22-Jan-08 13:23:54

DH gave me it for christmas, haven't started yet. Didn't expect it to be weepy.

MummyDoIt Tue 22-Jan-08 17:23:35

I've almost finished it and found it very moving. I really felt for his wife, having to be away from their small children to be with him in hospital. I think she's an amazing woman to have dealt with it all so well.

Buda Tue 22-Jan-08 18:24:28

I bought it for DH for Xmas wink but i haven't read it yet. DH is actually reading it and I thought it might be polite to wait till he had finished - makes it look less like I bought it for me!

oxocube Sun 27-Jan-08 18:26:47

DH and DS (12) read this recently and both enjoyed it. Both said it was rather moving

NorthernLurker Sun 27-Jan-08 18:33:11

I read it at Christmas. Very easy to read but so interesting - so many aspects to a brain injury I hadn't thought of.

nannykaz Fri 18-Jul-08 19:11:21

i read this and thought it was very well written, and gave you a good feel about the emotions involved by everyone. i did enjoy it even when i was weeping over it. some soggy pages !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now