Talk

Advanced search

Marley and Me

(11 Posts)
MamaMaiasaura Sun 30-Sep-07 21:19:00

First book I have had a chance to read in ages. MAde me laugh and cry. Loved this book. Easy to read and a very enjoyable read at that.

bossybritches Sun 30-Sep-07 21:23:43

Thanks Awen, looking for a new book to read- have just treated myself to all the MN Book of the month recommendations have you looked at those?

daisyandbabybootoo Sun 30-Sep-07 21:26:39

I loved this, laughed and cried in equal measure....

.....but can I be pendantic and say it's erm not actually fiction hmm

MamaMaiasaura Sun 30-Sep-07 21:31:22

u can be pendantic grin

daisyandbabybootoo Sun 30-Sep-07 21:43:28

grin

It was very good though. I read it very quickly on a weekend away (it was my sister's book and I was sneaking a read when she wasn't looking) I must get a copy and read it again at a more leisurely pace, but newish baby is hampering my leisure time at the moment.

MamaMaiasaura Sun 30-Sep-07 21:48:49

How is baby? Cant believe i only have 3 months to go here.

coleyboy Sun 30-Sep-07 21:51:50

I loved it to.

We had to put our golden lab down earlier this year. She was dp's faithful companion through thick and thin, and I only knew her for her last few years. This book brought back lovely memories of her, and has made me think about getting another dog.

I suggested to dp that he should read it, but he couldn't face it sad

I believe they are making a film of it. Owen Wilson was going to be in it, but had to pull out of it.

Charlie999 Sun 30-Sep-07 21:53:59

Oh I've got this book (and a black lab) so I shall find it tomorrow and read it rather than spend ALL my spare time on the computer grin...glad its good smile

bossybritches Sun 30-Sep-07 22:11:51

dong

Sound of penny dropping.......this is the one about the naughty golden lab in the US isn't it!?

As the owner of a choclate lab & goldie retriever I shall look forward to empathising with some of the situations!!

MamaMaiasaura Sun 30-Sep-07 22:15:23

grin

My first dog growing up was a yellow lab called Bruce. He used to escape regular to walk alongside mums with prmas and be all protective. He was like a bear.

bossybritches Mon 01-Oct-07 08:35:06

We had a lab/GSD cross called Toby who used to lie protectively round the pram when the DD's were small. If ANYONE he didn't know came near he used to growl fiercely &yet he was a soppy date with us all. He died of cancer at 10. We now have a choccy lab called BoCo & a goldie called Milie, both daft as brushes but very good family pets.

Sorry Awen this has turned into a lab appreciation thread!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now