Talk

Advanced search

Who remembers "Jackie" and "Look In"

(18 Posts)
saltire Tue 18-Sep-07 13:18:02

I certainly do, I had loads of them, and the annuals as well.
Anyway I WH Smith today they had a "Best of" for each of them, Jackie with its tips on how to tell if a boy liked you and pictures of Adam Ant and Duran Duran. Look In had pictures of Swap Shop!. I didn't get much chance to look at them though as the 18year old behind the counter was looking at me as though I was mad!
I think I'll ask Santa for them

saltire Tue 18-Sep-07 13:18:20

Best Of annuals is what I should have said

ImBarryScott Tue 18-Sep-07 13:21:13

Oh, how fabulous! that's SIL's Christmas present sorted then.

bigspender30 Tue 18-Sep-07 13:21:35

oh cool!! I remember them! Remember BLue Jeans too? What great christmas pressies.

NAB3 Tue 18-Sep-07 13:21:41

I do!

southeatsastras Tue 18-Sep-07 13:22:16

i've got the two jackie ones. myguy is very funny too

saltire Tue 18-Sep-07 13:23:40

Of course my all time favourites were Twinkle and Bunty wink

ImBarryScott Tue 18-Sep-07 13:24:55

Did anyone see that programme about "Jackie" a couple of months ago. Newsreader Fiona Bruce was one of their photo love story models grin.

themoon66 Tue 18-Sep-07 13:25:52

Ah Twinkle..... I remember my mum buying me the very first copy when it came out smile

Jackie was wonderful too. I used to be very envious of my friend, who's mum paid her subscription for it to be delivered to her house. About 8 of us used to read it over her shoulder at break time.

saltire Tue 18-Sep-07 13:27:22

I remember as well they did a "life size" poster of each of the Duran guys, it came in four parts in the middle. I ahd John Taylor on my bedroom for ages.

<wish I still did actually>

bigspender30 Tue 18-Sep-07 13:29:40

my best friend worked on the twinkle. She had to write the letters page and Nurse Nancy!!

MaureenMLove Tue 18-Sep-07 13:30:37

La La-La-La-La Look In! I loved that one. I used to really look forward to seeing what the Sing-a-long lyrics were! I used to cut them out and stick them on the back of my singles! I've still got them somewhere. I was more of a Blue Jeans girl though, not Jackie.

Bouquetsofdynomite Thu 20-Sep-07 09:59:47

Ooh I used to love my big sister's Jackie, you used to get some really ghosty photostories. And I loved the whole mix and match fashion ideas, all drawings not actual items from shops like you get now.

My MIL's parents banned the Twinkle after they noticed a wizard character in it apparently! They are uber-churchy.

midnightexpress Thu 20-Sep-07 20:28:41

And do you remember those little magazines that just had song lyrics in them (of stuff that was in the charts)? They were smaller format and in cheapo paper?

And all the crappy make-up they used to give away on the front of Jackie. My favourite ever letter from Cathy and Claire began 'I met a boy called Wally at a dance.' It was bound to end in disaster.

themoon66 Thu 20-Sep-07 23:03:26

Ah yes... those little magazines made of cheap paper with the song lyrics.....

DISCO 45.

Loved em.

midnightexpress Fri 21-Sep-07 08:44:48

That's it! Gawd, I'd forgotten about their existence till I read this thread.

PiratePestoMonster Fri 21-Sep-07 18:25:36

I also liked Fab 208 and Honey magazine too. Jackie was my favourite though and Twinkle - the comic for little girls, was my favourite when I was small.

gibberish Fri 21-Sep-07 18:33:50

Oooh yes, I remember the Jackie. My big sister used to get it and I thought it was so cool and grown up. Were the 4 Mary's in the Jackie or the Bunty? (Raddy, Simpy, Fieldy and Cotty <shudder>. The Bunty I expect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now