Talk

Advanced search

Thanks VERY much, for putting HP spoilers in the SUBJECT of your thread!!

(16 Posts)
mrsbabookaloo Tue 31-Jul-07 14:11:31

Really, I've never ranted on mn before but this is a smidge inconsiderate. I know some people read it right away, but some of us haven't read it yet, and I just came to the books board to look at other threads and have seen two huge spoilers in the titles of threads. I'm not going to open the threads, so I don't know who you are, but I'm a bit cheesed off.

boogiewoogie Tue 31-Jul-07 14:15:24

They might just be pulling your leg though. Don't read it then.

gess Tue 31-Jul-07 14:18:02

Blimey- you can't moan about spoilers almost 2 weeks after its been published. Read the book fgs!
Anyway if you read the threads (you must have scrolled down for them!) I think you might find there's nothing to rant about!

FluffyMummy123 Tue 31-Jul-07 14:18:29

Message withdrawn

gess Tue 31-Jul-07 14:20:01

& I thought I was being blunt cod

OliveIsSoNotHereAndOnABreak Tue 31-Jul-07 14:21:53

they all get blown up via a defective wand I heard

was Harry's fault so they made him into a quiche and ate him (chapter 12)

mrsbabookaloo Tue 31-Jul-07 14:24:14

OK, sorry. (Slinks away defeated after first mn rant, and first telling off by cod, and considers name change)

JeremyVile Tue 31-Jul-07 14:25:32

Dont bloody apologise!

You have every right to rant.

Howdydoody Tue 31-Jul-07 14:26:40

Olive - my 7 year old has just gone into trauma as has only got to chapter 11 - she's looking rather pale now...........

PrettyCandles Tue 31-Jul-07 14:27:33

FWIW, I'm with MrsB here. It may be two eeks old by now, but those people who rushed out to read it should consider that people who are not quite as Harry-aholic should be allowed to enjoy the same suspense as they did.

expatinscotland Tue 31-Jul-07 14:28:19

is this about 'deadpersonalhouseelf' again ?

BellaBear Tue 31-Jul-07 14:30:21

having just scrolled down the book club thread titles, I think every possible outcome is mentioned! (and they all seem to be joke titles anyway). I haven't seen one that I thought 'Oh that would have spoiled it for me', if that helps.

bananabump Tue 31-Jul-07 14:30:38

I don't read HP, but I think anyone who spoils books for others is a bit of an inconsiderate shit to be honest, don't apologise for ranting!

mrsbabookaloo Tue 31-Jul-07 14:40:50

Maybe I should have realised that some of them would be joke thread titles, so I'll just go back to imagining that I know nothing, but I don't think that 2 weeks is a long time after a book comes out not to have read it...my dh was reading it! Sorry we didn't buy two copies! And I was in the middle of another book.

Thanks PC, JV and BB: I am emboldened by your support, I retract my apology and am DEFIANT with my mn rant!

YOU'RE a weirdo, cod, and so is yo mamma.

HedTwig Tue 31-Jul-07 14:42:09

<sniggers> at mrsB

WanderingTrelawney Tue 31-Jul-07 14:47:00

It is true about Hagrid and Hermione though. I was most surprised.

<<legs it>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now