Talk

Advanced search

Young Adult fiction

(4 Posts)
BebeBelge Mon 13-May-19 19:27:02

Hello!

I'm looking for a recommendation for what to read next. In Young Adult Fiction. I'd love a really good series to get stuck into to see me through the summer!

I have recent read and enjoyed The 100 series, Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series and Sarah Maas's Time of Glass series.

What next?!?

Any recommendations much appreciated! Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
cdtaylornats Mon 13-May-19 22:45:58

Jonathon Stroud has 2 excellent series
Bartimaeus Sequence - Bartimaeus, is a five-thousand-year-old boisterous djinni. The story follows the career of a teenage magician Nathaniel and Bartimaeus, whom he has summoned and nominally controls, through the alternative history of the peak of London's domination as a magical oligarchy. As well as the main story there are footnotes giving Bartimaeus thoughts.

Lockwood & Co. - Ghost fighters

Another favourite is the Virals series from Kathy Reichs.

DancelikeEmmaGoldman Tue 14-May-19 10:15:35

I really enjoyed Maureen Johnson’s Shades of London series.

Michael Pryor’s Laws of Magic.

Catherine Jinks’ Evil Genius series are funny and very engaging. Also long, which makes them ideal summer reading.

I’m not sure if they’re strictly YA, but there not heavy on sex or violence and lots of fun - Shelley Adina’s Magnificent Devices steampunk books.

Other authors worth looking up are Garth Nix, who I love, and Isabelle Carmody, who I love less, but she writes a good story.

SargeantAngua Tue 14-May-19 23:45:16

Have you read Cassandra Clare's books? They're good - make sure you start with the main series, then the sequel, then the prequel, for them all to make sense.

I'm looking for my next series in the same genre, having recently finished the throne of glass series and trying but not really liking a couple of others since. I think Vampire Academy might be next for me.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in