Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can we all pledge NOT to give away the plot of the new book in threads from Saturday?

(9 Posts)
Flibbertyjibbet Tue 17-Jul-07 13:10:47

Or at least put a warning at the top of the thread?
I have ordered my new book from Amazon to come sat but as I'm still halfway through my pre-new-book usual catch up of the previous 2 books, AND I want to SAVOUR this one and read it really slowwwwwllllly.
Can I please ask that discussions of the plot are kept OFF threads or at least call your thread 'if you have finished Harry Potter, discussion over here'.
If anyone spoils the plot for me I shall be very very very cross.
So are we all agreed?

Flibbertyjibbet Tue 17-Jul-07 13:42:37

Or shall I just stay off mumsnet till I have read the last HP Book?

KerryMumbledore Tue 17-Jul-07 13:44:29

I won't be starting till next week either.

And would second request for no spoilers in Thread Titles

PLEASE!

coddy Tue 17-Jul-07 13:44:59

he dies fgs

KerryMumbledore Tue 17-Jul-07 13:45:05

For instance,

I don't want to see:

OMG! OMG! HARRY POTTER IS DEAD!

TIA!

AuntieDepressant Tue 17-Jul-07 13:45:43

I pledge not to reveal plot.
But my smarmy DS1 who reads very fast and who has first claim on the book in our house, will go blue in the face, and then burst, and then tell me the whole bloody story by the end of saturday. I just know it.

KerryMumbledore Tue 17-Jul-07 13:46:19

See Cod

I KNOW you're a closet case.

You'll be lining up with dccs dressed up as Mrs. McConagall outside Waterstone's.

Greedy hands grasping for the first copy.

VictorVictoria Tue 17-Jul-07 13:48:06

I am avid HP fan and really looking forward to Book 7. But, asthe risk of stating the obvious, wouldn't it just be easier to not come on MN until you have finished the book - why not read it in all that time that would otherwise have been MN time...............

potoroo Tue 17-Jul-07 14:15:08

See I have to finish my assignment (early August) before I read the new HP.

I think I will just not be able to come on MN will I.
Which might actually help with getting said assignment done...

<<whispers>> but its my birthday on Monday - am I allowed some time off from study to read it then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now