Talk

Advanced search

What are you reading this July?

(11 Posts)
suedonim Thu 12-Jul-07 15:32:16

I'm reading The Electric Michaelangelo by Sarah Hall. It's a rather gloomy book about tattooing.

justgivemeoneminute Thu 12-Jul-07 18:15:02

I've just finished a James Herbert book - Secret of Crickley Hall - it started off really well but tailed off towards the end...

I've got a mountain of books but can't seem to get into anything at the moment...anyone else get moments like this??? Anyone recommend something really funny and witty? Please???

pollywollydoodle Thu 12-Jul-07 20:48:33

theres another thread "have we had a thread about very very funny books recently" going on in the book club section if thats any help

suedonim Fri 13-Jul-07 11:39:38

Justgiveme... you won't want to read my current book then!! Bill Bryson is always a funny read.

BBBBasilisk Fri 13-Jul-07 11:50:43

I am going to start nights at the circus once I have finished half a yellow sun.

Novacane Fri 13-Jul-07 14:55:57

I'm reading fried green tomatoes at the whistle stop cafe by fannie flagg!

mazzystar Fri 13-Jul-07 15:00:04

re-reading armistead maupin's the night listener for my book group

have just finished jonathan frantzen's the corrections - wonderful

Filchymindedvixen Fri 13-Jul-07 15:01:23

Have just finished Bill Bryson's Thunderbolt kid - green capri pants had me LOL
I also laughed at lot at Pies and Prejudice - Stuart Marconie.

Am currently reading the Battersea Park Road to Enlightenment which is also quite amusing, (non fiction) about a woman desperately seeking something
who has a go at everything from Transsendental meditation to Colonic iriigation!

BBBBasilisk Fri 13-Jul-07 18:45:58

oh mazzy - night listener is all 'oh no it can't be, oh no it isn't. oh yes it is, OMG'
but in a good way.

I have just finished Bill Bryson's History of the World or whatever it is called. very good - he is clever and funny.

suedonim Fri 13-Jul-07 23:10:46

I love Fried Green Tomatoes, Novacane. Have you seen the film? It's one of my rainy day favourites.

Mazzy, I read and enjoyed The Corrections a year or two ago though I was a bit puzzled by it at first - I was under the impression I was reading The Committments!

Dumbledior Fri 13-Jul-07 23:13:22

I am reading 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus'. Slightly patronising, but very astute. I got it for 10p at a school fete and have left it in the loo so h can pick it up . He mentioned it earlier and said he has read a little of it - then said how true it is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now