Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had this new book chain letter?

(8 Posts)
Chirpygirl Sat 30-Jun-07 12:34:16

At last a chain letter I might continue. My mum got it from work, you send a used book to the name at the top of the list, add yours to teh bottom and then send an updated list to 6 friends, logic being that in a few weeks you get up to 36 books in the post.
Sounds like a pyramid scheme but if it only costs me a book then I'm up for it, has anyone heard of it?

satine Sat 30-Jun-07 12:37:11

I had one of these once for knickers - you sent a new pair of knickers to the top person, and theoretically, you should have got 36 pairs of lovely new kecks. Course idleness meant that it soon collapsed. Shame, I'd have liked getting new knickers in the post

Chirpygirl Sat 30-Jun-07 12:38:33

but all my friends are about 10 sizes smaller than me! I'd end up with 36 lacey thongs that wouldn't fit!

policywonk Sat 30-Jun-07 12:38:54

I had the email ages ago, but never got around to it. Sounded like a good idea in theory.

satine Sat 30-Jun-07 12:40:35

Oh, you put your knicker size and preferences - "Absolutely no thongs", for example!!

Maybe we could start a MN version?!

LilyLoo Sat 30-Jun-07 12:54:08

i had that too and sent some bloody knocikers and didn't get a pair back , first and last time i'll be suckered into that.
Sounds good in theory Chirpy but people won't probably do it and you'll be down on cost of book and p+P.

Chirpygirl Sat 30-Jun-07 14:31:05

I have loads of books I need to get out of the house though as I am running out of space, I have been using Book Crossing and a book to post isn't that expensive.

satine Sat 30-Jun-07 19:23:54

Ooh, I do like book crossing.

I've released several books, but have never heard back from them. Oh well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now