Talk

Advanced search

The Keeper of Lost Things - Better in Audio?

(5 Posts)
cavycavy Sun 06-Jan-19 22:43:37

I’m listening to The Keeper of Lost Things and it is amazingly narrated. 3 voices, one for Laura (and all her scenes), one for Anthony (and his short stories) and one for Unice’s scenes.

I’ve read some poor reviews for the book on here and I thi k this is a good example of how some books are much better listened to than read. Especially ones that feel a bit like a hard slog.

I’d recommend it to anyone who DNF The Keeper of Lost Things.

OP’s posts: |
toomuchsplother Tue 08-Jan-19 22:00:14

Playing devil's advocate her, but surely book is meant to be read. Therefore it is still a poor book but maybe a good radio play?
I am biased though I hated The Keeper of Lost Things and would rather listen to the Shipping Forecast on a loop than listen to it as an Audiobook.

Viviennemary Wed 09-Jan-19 10:04:01

I'm another one who didn't like Keeper of Lost Things. I didn't hate it but got less than half way through and thought is that it and gave up. I listened to the hype and thought I'd love it and was quite disappointed. Interesting though it makes a better audio book.

Helmetbymidnight Wed 09-Jan-19 10:06:26

My people! I found it dull and gave up after three chapters and I usually have a high tolerance for dull.

cavycavy Wed 09-Jan-19 22:39:22

I must admit I listen to nearly all my books when pottering around the house so if it’s a bit dull it doesn’t really matter. I would have struggled to persevere with reading this one as the subject switches constantly from the main story line, the secondary story line and the random short stories. The different voices made that easier. Plus I think I listen faster than I read so possibly would have given up on reading a book that just wasn’t ending.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in