Talk

Advanced search

The Trouble with Goats and Sheep

(15 Posts)
SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 08-Nov-18 19:31:04

Just read this, probably later than lots of you. Really impressed. Didnt think it would be my sort of book, got it from a free book stall by the side of a canal. Excellent message about not jumping to conclusions. Anybody else any thoughts?

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 10-Nov-18 08:26:51

Not one of my favourite reads OP. We read it last year with our book group and I don’t think it got a good reaction from any of us. It came across as overhyped twoddle. I did manage to finish it but I won’t be reading anymore books by the author.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sat 10-Nov-18 22:19:25

I thought there was a lot of insight in there, but I probably wouldn't rush to go and get the Elsie book. And if I ever write a book, I shall start at the beginning, and finish at the end. I find all the messing about with timelines a bit wearing, though it seems to be very trendy at the moment. <Remembers fondly when this was all fields, and books had a start, a middle and a finish>

theuntameableshrew Wed 14-Nov-18 22:53:15

I loved it. Elsie book I didn’t like at all though

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 15-Nov-18 13:11:46

Probably won't bother with that one, unless it comes in Book Group or something.

beanaseireann Thu 15-Nov-18 19:50:54

I read it but can't remember the ending.
Thought it was awfully boring and took me an age to read.

Chickoletta Fri 16-Nov-18 16:27:40

I can’t remember much about it except that I wasn’t very impressed! Each to their own though.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sun 18-Nov-18 16:06:15

Turns out that the bloke they all persecuted for being a paedophile, wasn't....

beanaseireann Sun 18-Nov-18 20:28:04

Thank you

TonTonMacoute Tue 20-Nov-18 12:28:39

I didn't like it either, I'm afraid. Agree with it being overhyped.

WaterBird Tue 20-Nov-18 16:53:29

I have this book in my reading queue and am currently just starting her other book, Three Things about Elsie, which is just all right so far... I'm not really warming up to the main character. I can appreciate that I might eventually find a reason in which she behaves the way she does.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 22-Nov-18 19:48:30

I havent read that one Bird, but from what people are saying, they generally preferred Goats to the later one.

glamorousgrandmother Thu 22-Nov-18 19:52:39

I preferred Three Things About Elsie. I didn't warm to any of the characters in Sheep and Goats.

Johnsi Fri 23-Nov-18 00:52:03

I tried to get into this one but I remember really struggling to finish it. Maybe that's because I got the audio book? Perhaps I would have got on better with it if I had been reading rather than listening to it.

BrigitsBigKnickers Fri 23-Nov-18 01:11:24

Read this in the summer- totally underwhelmed- couldn't wait to finish it.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in