Talk

Advanced search

Wyntertide by Andrew Caldecott anyone?

(5 Posts)
WhenIWasAYoungWarthog Thu 04-Oct-18 19:09:24

Has anyone else read this? I read Rotherweird and really enjoyed it, it was very different to the sort of thing I normally read. I spotted Wyntertide in the book shop and was excited to read it (also it had a pretty cover). But I can’t make any sense of it at all! Everyone seems to have about four different names, people suddenly start speaking in conversations that weren’t mentioned as even being present. There are several paragraphs I’ve read multiple times and come to the conclusion that they just don’t make sense!

It’s really odd. It’s as though it’s not been proof read or edited at all. I’m about halfway through now, is it worth persevering with? Am I just being a bit thick I’m not being able to follow what the fuck is going on?

I can’t seem to find many reviews other than Amazon reviews and they’re generally favourable. I hate to give up on a book but it’s such a bloody slog!

OP’s posts: |
WhenIWasAYoungWarthog Fri 05-Oct-18 19:17:59

Hopeful bump

OP’s posts: |
PurpleArmy Fri 05-Oct-18 19:19:36

I'm exhausted reading what you've said about it. Life is too sort.

PurpleArmy Fri 05-Oct-18 19:19:52

short even!!!

CorvusUmbranox Fri 05-Oct-18 19:37:32

I haven’t read it yet, although I have the hardback and it’s on my tbr list, and I’ll probably read it fairly soon. I’ve seen similar comments about it not making a huge amount of sense. I was in two minds about Rotherweird — I liked the concept and the characters, but found the writing hard to click with.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in