Talk

Advanced search

obsessed with Harry P?

(1001 Posts)
MrsWeasley Wed 09-May-07 11:38:20

Is anyone else getting really excited (borderline obsessed)about he new HP book?
I have re-read all the other 6 and everytime I scan down active convos and see "Potty" I heart skips a beat or I hold my breath whilst my eyes focus!!

Please tell me it isn't only me and my DC that are counting the days (hours, minutes, seconds...)

MrsWeasley Wed 09-May-07 12:10:07

oh fiddling broomsticks, it is just us then..

MrsWho Wed 09-May-07 12:10:58

Indith Wed 09-May-07 12:12:25

very excited.....but I think its just you with the 'potty' threads

Blandmum Wed 09-May-07 12:18:31

I'm listening to all the books while I'm in the car in preparation....how sad is that???

I'm now 3/4 of the way through book 4.

Quootiepie Wed 09-May-07 12:19:57

When is it out? Must re-read the others before it comes out

chocolatebirdy Wed 09-May-07 12:20:08

Whens it out?

MrsWho Wed 09-May-07 12:35:16

July!

MB- I used to do that but I have them on tape and now have cd player in the car so will have to get the cds (expensive )

MrsWeasley Wed 09-May-07 12:58:08

"When is it out?" ((faints)) you mean its not in big letters all over every memo board in your house, bedroom doors and fridge door???????

*21st JULY*

and the 5th film is in cinemas on July 13th

CANT WAIT

(can you tell)

MrsWho Wed 09-May-07 13:43:34

Think the film may be our end of term trip from work, was alst time

MrsWeasley Wed 09-May-07 14:37:56

oh lucky you.

I will be taking my DC's to see it as soon as its out, hopefully and maybe a few weeks afterwards too. My 6 yo is desperate to see it with us but dont know what the rating will be yet. (he has watched all the others on DVD and loves them)

Will be taking older ones to the midnight book release too (again not sure about 6 yo, who thinks books are for standing on to reach high shelves!)

RosaLuxembourg Wed 09-May-07 14:41:05

DD1's 10th birthday is 22 July and I have promised she can queue at midnight the day before for the book. She wants to take her friends to the movie the weekend before as her birthday party but I have told her we need to know the certificate first. Hope it will be PG but doubt it as last one was 12A. So looked forward to both events Mrs Weasley, so you are not alone.
BTW, how are those extremely attractive twin boys of yours?

casbie Wed 09-May-07 14:56:52

i'm soooo looking forward to it!

we have named our new rabbit Harry Potter and hope to get a Hermione soon.

it's my birthday around the book release and i've told hubby he's got to take me to the cinema and buy me the book for my birthday (otherwise, i'd just end up with socks!).

v excited and mor new on the rating?
i thought the last one was very scary, especially the beginning sequences - 12A was quite right. my little ones haven't seen it yet 1, 3, 6 even though they love the first three films, i think i'll save the DVDs for when they are older!

dinosaur Wed 09-May-07 14:57:44

I think DS1 is looking forward to it (he doesn't give much away though). But he obsessively reads and rereads all the others!

littlelapin Wed 09-May-07 15:01:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Indith Wed 09-May-07 15:32:58

lol LL my dp is in charge on the day too. I'm picking it up at midnight and reading all night. Have a wedding to attend on the day so must be done before that!

Sunyshineymummy Wed 09-May-07 15:34:54

I have also told my DP that he is in charge on publication day and the next couple of days after. The way I always do it is I read the neew book first, then I start the whole series again and read right through to the end of the latest book. Am very excited.

MrsWeasley Wed 09-May-07 15:52:59

so glad I'm not alone.

Not sure if I can wait until july though, I might burst!

MrsWho Wed 09-May-07 16:49:57

MrsW- won't be that good as I'll have to interpret it!
and don't burst 'cos you won't even get to read the book then!

littlelapin Wed 09-May-07 17:15:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

singingmum Wed 09-May-07 17:18:37

We pre-ordered on internet both kids and adult copies
Have read and re-read so many times should know off by heart .
Am however re-reading them again right now and have devoured the first two and on 3rd.Am still enjoying them

DrDaddy Wed 09-May-07 17:18:57

I must admit I've recently re-read book 6 to remind myself of the key points as I couldn't remember anything about it...I'd even forgotten that a certain important character had been killed and who'd killed him (Deliberately not saying names here in case someone hasn't read it yet...)

DrDaddy Wed 09-May-07 17:20:04

I might go and start a thread in Parseltongue for a laugh....

singingmum Wed 09-May-07 17:22:04

DrDaddy you can't just re-read one you have to re-read them all because she has a habbit of putting in details that don't make sense until you re-read them all.
Harry Potter Rules

(((((feel like little kid right now)))))))

MrsWho Wed 09-May-07 17:24:33

I like the audio versions, you pick out so many more details that way (well I do)

This thread is not accepting new messages.