Talk

Advanced search

Educated

(5 Posts)
neversleepagain Thu 15-Mar-18 22:55:52

Just finished this memoir by Tara Westover, I loved it even though it made me feel so many emotions. I am still digesting it all so at a loss on what to say about it.

I would really recommend it.

junebirthdaygirl Tue 20-Mar-18 20:29:35

I just read this. So intense. I literally couldn't sleep after it but an amazing read. Highly recommend it.

NinjagoNinja Tue 20-Mar-18 20:30:17

What's it about?

purpleme12 Tue 20-Mar-18 23:07:28

I've not read it but it sounds really intriguing this one

Sadik Wed 21-Mar-18 13:23:09

Absolutely fantastic, I've just reviewed it on the 50 books thread:
"This is an incredible book, and one I will definitely read again. There are so many layers to it. There is an amazing sense of place, and the deep connection that the author has to her home & the mountain on which she grew up. She makes clear all the good things about growing up in a large, close family who see themselves as a refuge from outside evil - but also the also the struggle that she later has to disentangle her own sense of self from the family 'story' about who she is, and from what she has grown up internalising about religion, the place of women etc. Definitely the best book I've read so far this year."

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: