Talk

Advanced search

reservoir 13 - worth persevering?

(7 Posts)
WipsGlitter Fri 16-Feb-18 21:02:34

Am about half way through this but am not loving it. Also made the mistake of reading a review they said there was no resolution in it. confused

OP’s posts: |
gutrotweins Fri 16-Feb-18 21:52:05

Interminable drivel. I gave up too. Life's too short.
How do book's like this get such good reviews?

CramptonHodnet Sat 17-Feb-18 05:56:01

I loved it. I thought it a beautifully written novel, quiet and thoughtful, marking the passage of time through each season and year.

It isn't a detecttive novel. There is no resolution to the mystery. That's not the premise of the novel.

If you're not enjoying it, leave it. It won't be everyone's cup of tea.

Toomuchsplother Sat 17-Feb-18 13:47:42

I loved it. But there isn't a resolution. It's very much about how the people in the village change and react over the years. If you are looking for a something fast paced this isn't it.

WipsGlitter Sat 17-Feb-18 14:23:11

I think I was expecting a mystery so I'm having to reset my expectations. I think if I'd known what it was I would have enjoyed it more.

OP’s posts: |
marmiteloversunite Mon 19-Feb-18 22:08:53

I had to read it for my book club. I love a thriller or murder mystery which was probably why I found this so tedious. I was expecting something exciting but got year after year of fireworks, foxes and boilers. Finished it but it was a chore.

Parrish Mon 19-Feb-18 22:11:00

God it’s awful. I know it’s the point it’s repetitive but I found it very very irritating

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in