Talk

Advanced search

Woman in the window. Is it worth sticking with? No spoilers please!

(15 Posts)
busyknee Wed 14-Feb-18 19:26:38

I'm 20 percent through the woman in the window and I'm not really enjoying it. I'm struggling to care about anyone and its everso slow. It hasn't gripped me at all.

Is it worth sticking with or should I bin it now? Is there a fantastic plot about to be unfurled? Or a wonderful twist that makes it worth the dull beginning??

Please no spoilers in case I do decide to stick with it.

Thank you.

busyknee Wed 14-Feb-18 20:12:23

Bump

Amyerda Wed 14-Feb-18 20:16:46

Same! Bought it 2 weeks ago following recommendation from Marian Keyes on Twitter. Haven't picked it up in a week following reading up to 2 November. Seems to have some wonderful reviews tho

busyknee Wed 14-Feb-18 20:31:33

I'm glad it's not just me! I keep waiting for it to get going but it just isn't.

It's becoming a chore now to have to read it!

Ohb0llocks Wed 14-Feb-18 20:40:30

Yes, stick with it!

MrsJoshDun Wed 14-Feb-18 20:43:54

I’m struggling with it, not even 20% in. Got it because I saw a quote from Stephen King saying how good it was.

giddyupnow Wed 14-Feb-18 20:47:54

Oh my god I can’t believe this, I was just about to pop on and start thread saying it was unputdownable! I was up until 3am at the weekend reading it!

It’s like the The Secret History thread all over again! grin

busyknee Wed 14-Feb-18 21:32:38

Ok. I'm gonna stick with it.

I shall hold you all personably responsible if it doesn't get any better! wink

Amyerda Wed 14-Feb-18 22:28:34

Me too. Picked it up again tonight. Promised to a friend so need to set to it!!smile

PrincessoftheSea Thu 15-Feb-18 16:08:15

I loved it. Could not put it down.

Amyerda Thu 15-Feb-18 20:59:37

Was going to rip through it tonight but went to the pub instead. Tomorrow is another day. . .

Toomanytealights Sat 17-Feb-18 07:08:47

I loved it,one of the better thrillers I've read recently.

BusterTheBulldog Sun 18-Feb-18 17:57:02

I’ve got the audiobook, also dragging. Narrator annoying, will persevere!

pippistrelle Mon 19-Feb-18 09:59:14

I stuck with it, but I can't say I understood the hype. I thought it was okay and quite nicely done, but nothing was surprising. I couldn't work out whether it was supposed to be so predictable or not. Some of that actively irritated me. Or maybe I just like all the same films as the protagonist (and the author).

busyknee Mon 19-Feb-18 11:01:22

Keep trying to pick it up again, but I just can't get into it. Think I might have to give up. shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now