Talk

Advanced search

If I like Kate Morton...

(12 Posts)
Kittensgalore Sun 04-Feb-18 13:57:04

Looking for something similar- have loved all of Kate Morton's books. Am just about to finish Black Rabbit Hall by Eve Chase which I've also really enjoyed and need something else to look forward to. Any suggestions gratefully received.

CramptonHodnet Sun 04-Feb-18 14:11:55

Rachel Hore or Lucinda Riley? They might both appeal to you.

Nearlyadoctor Sun 04-Feb-18 14:19:25

My Mothers Shadow - Nikola Scott

Very similar style to Kate Morton, not sure if she's written any others.

ChessieFL Sun 04-Feb-18 18:18:45

Also try Katherine Webb and Kate Riordan, both have written books in similar style with a story in the past linking to a story in the present.

Kittensgalore Sun 04-Feb-18 18:43:25

Thanks for all the suggestions, I am sure I have read something my Katherine Webb previously that I loved so will have a look tonight and get downloading on my kindle. So important to have a great story to look forward to.

babybythesea Sun 04-Feb-18 22:53:13

Have a look at The Map of Love - Ahdaf Soueif. Again, one where the past links to the present - beautifully written.

JacquesHammer Mon 05-Feb-18 17:23:09

You might enjoy Barbara Erskine. Also Green Darkness by Anya Seton

Clawdy Tue 06-Feb-18 12:22:38

The Butterfly Summer - Harriet Evans - is a good read too.

wejammin Mon 12-Feb-18 15:24:20

Definitely Lucinda Riley - the seven sisters series.

Maybe Kate Mosse, Labrynth and Carcassone are fab

ImListening Mon 12-Feb-18 15:28:21

Lucia whitehouse

Kittensgalore Mon 12-Feb-18 16:13:43

Thanks so much for the recommendations. I am working my way through them and have started with my Mothers shadow which I'm really enjoying. Just need a binge kindle shop!

Petrichery Mon 12-Feb-18 16:15:35

I seem to remember thinking The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield was v.kate morton-like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now