Talk

Advanced search

Robert Harris Munich

(4 Posts)
Nearlyadoctor Sun 17-Dec-17 09:56:33

I've never read any Robert Harris and having read the blurb quite fancy putting Munich on my Christmas list.
For those who have read it, would it be a good one to start with or which one would you recommend instead?

OP’s posts: |
SatsukiKusakabe Sun 17-Dec-17 11:45:43

I think this is written as a kind of prequel to his novel Fatherland, but set in the lead up to WWII, whereas Fatherland imagined Germany after a Nazi victory.

I’m looking forward to reading it, having enjoyed Fatherland very much. I guess it can be read as a stand-alone, but in any case I would recommend reading the other!

I have also read Conclave which was very good and interesting, a mystery set around the electing of a new Pope, and I’m going to work my way through some others this year I’m sure - I have Enigma on my to read list. My dh has read Imperium and Lustrum, the first two of his Cicero trilogy, and rates them highly.

Nearlyadoctor Mon 18-Dec-17 13:17:20

Thanks Satsuki

OP’s posts: |
KatsutheClockworkOctopus Mon 18-Dec-17 14:07:48

Another Robert Harris fan. I always think they look a bit like heavy going but once I start reading them I can't stop. Definitely second the recommendations above.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in