Talk

Advanced search

Which kindle to go for

(6 Posts)
wasthataburp Thu 23-Nov-17 14:11:08

I have a kindle fire which i don't like because of the glare so can't read on holiday etc. Was thinking paper white would be better? Any suggestions

dementedpixie Thu 23-Nov-17 15:05:19

Yes paperwhite would be better. I have the voyage which is similar but more expensive

Laska5772 Thu 23-Nov-17 15:10:09

Ive just upgraded to the paperwhite (from the very old kindle) it is on offer at Amazon at the moment . I'd go for the 'without special offers' deal (I did!). its £10 more but you don't get adverts

fatowl Fri 24-Nov-17 11:45:13

I use Kindle Fire, but I use it to listen to Audible as well.
If you just want it for reading, Paperwhite is def the way to go. I had one before the Fire, loved it, just wanted my Audible books on the same device.
My dd now has my PW, she loves it too.
Only needs charging about once a month

jelly10 Sat 25-Nov-17 06:32:23

I have also just gone from a very old kindle to the paperwhite and would definitely recommend it. I looked at the basic kindle as well as it's been upgraded but in the end wanted the built in light. I bought the one with special offers and got £10 off - the adverts only show on your lock screen and go as soon as you swipe to start reading, and they're only for books and kindle covers from what I've seen so far so I don't find them intrusive at all. In fact some of the book suggestions have been quite good grin

LEMtheoriginal Thu 30-Nov-17 13:23:24

I have a kindle paperwhite - best thing I've ever been bought. I made a hmm face when dp bought it as I already had a kindle but it is sooo much better. I don't even notice the ads you can set the light level so during the day you don't need it so bright

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now