Advanced search

Best free audible book sources

(7 Posts)
BeerBaby Sun 19-Nov-17 17:53:58

Where would you recommend?

ChessieFL Mon 20-Nov-17 06:07:04

Your library may offer audiobooks.

Stringofpearls Mon 20-Nov-17 06:17:12

I find that YouTube has quite a lot of audiobooka nowadays.

pyjamas89 Mon 20-Nov-17 06:22:49

I recommend seeing if your local library offers access to Libby. If it does you can download the app and all you need is your library card number and pin to get started. You sometimes have to wait until items are available for loan but it's completely free and there are hundreds of audiobooks on there.

BeerBaby Mon 20-Nov-17 08:12:39

Pyjamas that sounds good. I've noticed a few on YouTube. Alot are read by Americans and I prefer an English accent. I'm wanting this because I've not got the time to sit and read a book and I miss stories. I'm hoping to be able to listen to books while I do other things to help keep my brain occupied.

bedelia Mon 20-Nov-17 13:17:01

There are loads of public domain audiobooks available from the Internet Archive and I believe you may also find some on Project Gutenberg. These will mostly be classic works, including some non-fiction and poetry.

There are a few free audiobooks on Audible, though they are usually difficult to find. I recently downloaded a short Rivers of London" book, and others which I've added but not yet listened to. If I can find an easy way to locate them I'll let you know.

BeerBaby Mon 20-Nov-17 14:25:37

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now