Talk

Advanced search

Kindle Unlimited

(13 Posts)
MotherOfTwoDragons Sat 18-Nov-17 16:13:15

My free trial is about to end and I'm not that impressed TBH, most of the books on offer are crappy ebooks by unknown authors, there never seems to be anything I like available. Have I had a dud month or is it just not worth the subscription?

HeyMicky Sat 18-Nov-17 16:14:22

I have just started my free trial and it's terrible. Utter crap on there

MotherOfTwoDragons Sat 18-Nov-17 16:18:46

Yup-Waste of 7.99, I'd rather pay that for a good book than have to trawl through the garbage on offer!

BBQsAreSooooOverrated Sat 18-Nov-17 16:19:58

I liked the books by Amanda Prowse but I cancelled mine after the free trial as there wasn't anything I really wanted to read.

MotherOfTwoDragons Sat 18-Nov-17 16:22:36

I will cancel too, just wanted to check if anyone had a good experience on here...looks like maybe not!

Prokupatuscrakedatus Sat 18-Nov-17 16:50:15

I, too, cancelled my trial. There was nothing I wanted to read and nothing for my DC.
So I set us a budget for books, instead.

ChessieFL Sun 19-Nov-17 07:54:19

Same here, not worth the monthly subscription.

MotherOfTwoDragons Sun 19-Nov-17 09:39:19

I think this free trial is a ploy to get people to sign up and then forget to cancel by the time the subscription kicks in. Beware Folks!

Lokisglowstickofdestiny Sun 19-Nov-17 09:42:02

It's rubbish, I signed up had browse through and realised that the vast majority of the books were the shitty self publish dreck and cancelled on the same day.
I've since discovered my library loans ebooks, not a huge selection but free and good ones at that.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Sun 19-Nov-17 09:48:09

I had the same issue. I’ve been keeping an eye on the daily/monthly deals instead. Have picked up loads of stuff I wanted to read for much less than 7.99 a month.

ourkidmolly Sun 19-Nov-17 10:21:33

Complete rubbish.

RoseHarper Sun 19-Nov-17 11:00:39

Try the reader iq website...updated daily list of all the kindle books on offer or at 99p...tends to be bestsellers or books by known authors which are reduced for a ahort time...you xan also track books on your wish list and track authors and you will get an email alert when the price drops. Fab site and i rarely pay more than 99p for a book. Ive also discovered some great new authors as dont mind risking 99p. Far better way of buying than kindle unlimited imo.

RoseHarper Sun 19-Nov-17 11:01:22

Sorry...should read EReader IQ. Make sure you select the UK site.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now