Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The break Marian keyes

(16 Posts)
Braceface Mon 13-Nov-17 13:51:49

Anyone read this? I'm 200 pages in. I like the main character and I'm quite enjoying it but so far not finding it as unputadownable as other books of hers.

Braceface Mon 13-Nov-17 19:54:01

No one?

SergeantFredColon Mon 13-Nov-17 21:23:01

I read it. Wasn’t keen. Didn’t like any of the characters and thought it was boring. And I usually really like MK.

Mumoftwoyoungkids Mon 13-Nov-17 21:26:15

I read it. Preferred it to The Woman Who Stole My Life (which I thought was a bit crap) but not a patch on Lucy Sullivan, The Walsh sisters series and the one set in a magazine (Lisa, Clodagh and Ashleigh) that I can’t remember what it was called.

SergeantFredColon Mon 13-Nov-17 21:28:47

Sushi for Beginners? Yes I wasn’t keen on the Woman who Stole...either or The Brightest Star in the Sky. Last one I really liked was This Charming Man.

theothersideoftheworld Mon 13-Nov-17 21:32:29

I read it. It was ok. But I liked Watermelon the best. I love MK but didn’t think this was one of her best.

PugwallsSummer Mon 13-Nov-17 21:46:39

I was a bit disappointed. It was a pleasant read and I did enjoy it, but just found it predictable.

PugwallsSummer Mon 13-Nov-17 21:48:44

I loved The Brightest Star in the Sky. Wasn’t keen on The Woman Who Ste My Life

MimsyBorogroves Mon 13-Nov-17 22:14:03

I normally find MK very easy reading, very enjoyable. This one was dull and predictable.

Mumoftwoyoungkids Mon 13-Nov-17 22:16:46

Sushi for Beginners?

That’s the one!

Braceface Tue 14-Nov-17 07:44:57

It's just not as good is it? I don't know why. Can't warm to Amy.

ThursdayLastWeek Tue 14-Nov-17 07:47:15

I’ve found her last few books to be a bit meh. I thought The Woman who Stole My Lofe to essentially be The Other Side Of The Story in a different decade. And not as good.
I think I’ll leave The Break for a while.

ThursdayLastWeek Tue 14-Nov-17 07:48:07

I didn’t really like the Walsh Sister book about Helen and her dectevtuve agency very much which was a total shame because I loved all the others.

Postagestamppat Tue 14-Nov-17 07:57:05

My favorite is Rachel's holiday. I loved MK's voice when she was younger, but it felt like a huge jump in age for the main character of The Woman Who Stole My Life. It wasn't as sharp. From what I have this new book sounds the same. I'll still get it. A slightly off top form MK's book is still a good book for me.

ThursdayLastWeek Tue 14-Nov-17 08:12:23

Oh I LOVE Rachel’s Holiday.

I still swoon slightly for Luke the Real Man

Tawdrylocalbrouhaha Tue 14-Nov-17 08:22:37

I actually liked The Break, and I haven't been crazy about the last few. I didn't enjoy the slightly strange angry/sad sex, but I sped through the book, whereas I didn't even bother finishing the Woman who Stole my Life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now