Talk

Advanced search

Book club secret santa

(5 Posts)
fatowl Tue 07-Nov-17 13:13:50

Help required here because my imagination has gone AWOL

Our book club does a secret santa on a theme - this year the theme is "sparkly."
The person I have been given is lovely and I'd like to get her something nice, but I honestly can't think of anything. She doesn't drink (or I'd have bought a decent bottle of sparkling wine) Anything else seems a bit tacky.
Budget 15-20 pounds

Also- there is a random book gift swap, the idea being you buy one of your favourite books, wrap it, and they are randomly given out - you never know what you'll end up with.
What would you get?

Damia Tue 07-Nov-17 13:16:51

Nails kit with some sparkly polish?

Damia Tue 07-Nov-17 13:20:59

Oh and my favourite book series has always been the wheel of time by Robert Jordan but it's not everyone's genre smile

Wormulonian Wed 08-Nov-17 17:12:53

Piece of silver jewellery with a sparkler in it i.e.cubic zirconia?
www.debenhams.com/women/simply-silver
You could pop the gift receipt in with it so she could exchange it (although not earrings I think)

Buy a sparkly gift box and fill with really good chocolates (perhaps from a local maker) or any other gift you think the recipient might like. The card factory have really cheap glitter gift boxes in silver, blue and gold
www.cardfactory.co.uk/gifts/wrap/gift-boxes

Lots of sequinned cushions around this time of year - risk as it may not be her taste but I always pop a gift receipt in and then it can be exchanged for something else. Would work for M&S (always buy food).

For the book I would stick to the brief and get one of your favourites - if you like it then someone else probably will. You choose a nice edition perhaps with illusrations , annotations or a nice cover.

Wormulonian Thu 09-Nov-17 19:02:59

You could buy a book such as F.Scott Fitzgerald's "A Diamond as Big as the Ritz" or Penguin Classics Clothbound - Vanity Fair by Thackery has a cover illustrated with diamonds.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: