Talk

Advanced search

The Image Of You - Adele Parks

(9 Posts)
Jiminypet Wed 11-Oct-17 15:46:43

Has anyone read her new book, 'The Image Of You'? It is about twin sisters and how one falls for the others fiance. I don't want to say much just in case I spoil it for those who are or haven't read it

OP’s posts: |
Sallystyle Wed 11-Oct-17 18:55:31

That's quite the spoiler in there. You might want to get MNHQ to add a spoiler message in the title smile

I am half way through and I'm enjoying it but finding parts repetitive. Nick going on about how he feels about you know what..

I am hoping the pace will quicken a bit soon. I do love Adele Parks though.

PetalMettle Mon 16-Oct-17 05:42:40

I read this recently and it confirmed to me I’m done with her. I guessed what had happened but just found it weak. She seems to be obsessed with going down an implausible route, what with this and stranger in my house. I think the writing isn’t as good as the early ones either which I far preferred

Frouby Mon 16-Oct-17 19:43:06

I read this and enjoyed it.

But it's not as good as her early stuff. I didn't enjoy Stranger In My House either.

Out of the old chic lit heavyweights I used to love Lisa Jewell and Marion Keyes seem to be reliable.

burnoutbabe Sun 22-Oct-17 15:22:37

I guessed something right from early doors and so had to stay up until 12.30 to finish it and confirm correct.

I enjoyed it.Though i prefer the earlier one's with more normal flawed lead people.

Bloodyhellfire Mon 23-Oct-17 19:13:20

I just finished this. Enjoyed it but I found her writing 'clunky' in this book (hard to explain what I mean but it just wasn't as smooth as previous offerings).

GloriousGomez Fri 24-Nov-17 20:57:24

I’m 3/4 of the way through. Pretty sure I’ve guessed what the ‘twist’ is. I’m not especially enjoying it it’s quite repetitive.

Shame as I really enjoyed her earlier books. Recently read Spare Brides and If you go away which I enjoyed.

MyBrilliantDisguise Fri 24-Nov-17 21:01:03

Stranger in my House was a really horrible title for that book. If I found my lovely daughter wasn't really my own, I wouldn't think of her as a stranger.

GloriousGomez Sun 26-Nov-17 09:17:35

Finished it. I found it a let down after really having enjoyed Adele’s other books. In my opinion the plot was too far fetched and I had guessed the twist very early on.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in