Talk

Advanced search

The Image Of You - Adele Parks

(9 Posts)
Jiminypet Wed 11-Oct-17 15:46:43

Has anyone read her new book, 'The Image Of You'? It is about twin sisters and how one falls for the others fiance. I don't want to say much just in case I spoil it for those who are or haven't read it

Sallystyle Wed 11-Oct-17 18:55:31

That's quite the spoiler in there. You might want to get MNHQ to add a spoiler message in the title smile

I am half way through and I'm enjoying it but finding parts repetitive. Nick going on about how he feels about you know what..

I am hoping the pace will quicken a bit soon. I do love Adele Parks though.

PetalMettle Mon 16-Oct-17 05:42:40

I read this recently and it confirmed to me I’m done with her. I guessed what had happened but just found it weak. She seems to be obsessed with going down an implausible route, what with this and stranger in my house. I think the writing isn’t as good as the early ones either which I far preferred

Frouby Mon 16-Oct-17 19:43:06

I read this and enjoyed it.

But it's not as good as her early stuff. I didn't enjoy Stranger In My House either.

Out of the old chic lit heavyweights I used to love Lisa Jewell and Marion Keyes seem to be reliable.

burnoutbabe Sun 22-Oct-17 15:22:37

I guessed something right from early doors and so had to stay up until 12.30 to finish it and confirm correct.

I enjoyed it.Though i prefer the earlier one's with more normal flawed lead people.

Bloodyhellfire Mon 23-Oct-17 19:13:20

I just finished this. Enjoyed it but I found her writing 'clunky' in this book (hard to explain what I mean but it just wasn't as smooth as previous offerings).

GloriousGomez Fri 24-Nov-17 20:57:24

I’m 3/4 of the way through. Pretty sure I’ve guessed what the ‘twist’ is. I’m not especially enjoying it it’s quite repetitive.

Shame as I really enjoyed her earlier books. Recently read Spare Brides and If you go away which I enjoyed.

MyBrilliantDisguise Fri 24-Nov-17 21:01:03

Stranger in my House was a really horrible title for that book. If I found my lovely daughter wasn't really my own, I wouldn't think of her as a stranger.

GloriousGomez Sun 26-Nov-17 09:17:35

Finished it. I found it a let down after really having enjoyed Adele’s other books. In my opinion the plot was too far fetched and I had guessed the twist very early on.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: