Talk

Advanced search

Audio Book recommendation

(7 Posts)
AuntLydia Sat 07-Oct-17 20:03:25

I have to do a long long run on Monday and I'm thinking an audio book might distract me. Never downloaded one before so I don't know what to look for - I'm guessing who voices it is vitally important. Can I get one on Amazon or is there somewhere better? Thanks!

fatowl Sun 08-Oct-17 08:10:11

Get a months free trial with Audible, you can download a title for free.

fatowl Sun 08-Oct-17 08:12:10

Depending on what your tastes are, I thought the narration of Americanah was excellent (can't remember who it was though), Jonathan Keeble is great for narrating historical fiction, Juliet Stephenson is also well reviewed as a narrator.

Henrythehoover Sun 08-Oct-17 08:13:09

I love the passage series (listening to it for the second time). I find who reads it can really make or break it for me I really struggled listening to gone girl as I couldn't stand the woman's voice. Also the ones where the reader attempts to do accents can be pretty cringy

AuntLydia Sun 08-Oct-17 19:20:52

Thanks! I shall have a look on audible and keep an eye on the narrator as well as the book itself!

tobee Mon 09-Oct-17 23:49:46

You can listen to a 4-5 minute sample from their website before purchasing. Some books have different audio versions with different narrators. Also you return the book if you’re not enjoying it, no questions asked. On audible this is btw.

NumbersLetters Tue 10-Oct-17 22:43:26

don't forget the wonderful world of podcasts!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now