Talk

Advanced search

Help finding this book

(8 Posts)
littlemissneela Tue 03-Oct-17 14:09:36

I read it years ago, and thought it was by Alistair McCall Smith, but I cant seem to find it.
Basically its set in Scotland, Edinburgh I believe, with a group of people sharing a house. I think the chap who owns the house is quite a bit older than the rest. The young woman, who the chap loves, moved in and she cycled everywhere, esp the wrong way up roads, which was how she met her end. Its not One Day. Well, I am sure it is not, but maybe I read too many books at once and got mixed up. It was many years ago.
Any ideas?

squirre1 Tue 03-Oct-17 14:47:10

Is it 44 Scotland street?

littlemissneela Tue 03-Oct-17 15:34:05

I know I have read that, but can't say for sure if it is the right one. I shall have to pop to a bookshop and have a sneaky read of the last few chapters.

squirre1 Tue 03-Oct-17 16:24:59

Was there a young boy in it as well?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/44_Scotland_Street

EarlessToothlessVagabond Tue 03-Oct-17 16:27:36

Do you mean Alexander McCall Smith. It does sound like the Scotland Street books. Or maybe the Sunday Philosophy club?

annaharvey Tue 03-Oct-17 19:21:54

I think its 'The Bertie Project' in the 44 Scotland Street series.

CoolCarrie Thu 05-Oct-17 21:55:17

In One Day she definitely gets killed on her bike, but the characters went to university in Edinburgh, but went on to live in London Ithink.

CoolCarrie Thu 05-Oct-17 21:56:19

And McCall's books tend to be funny and sad, but not tragic iyswim

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: