Talk

Advanced search

Jack Reacher - which ones to start with?

(9 Posts)
UtterlyFcked Mon 07-Aug-17 20:08:15

Sorry if already asked..

Wanting to start the Jack Reacher series, but didn't realise how many there actually are.. is there an order to them? Are they standalone to an extent? Which one should I start on?!

Send help grin

OP’s posts: |
OokSaidTheLibrarian Mon 07-Aug-17 20:12:34

Although they are pretty stand alone, and you could probably start with any one, I would recommend starting at the beginning as the early books are much better. The first one is The Killing Floor.

LadyPeterWimsey Mon 07-Aug-17 22:40:24

Agree the early ones are better. I like The Killing Floor, but actually had started with One Shot, which I thought was brilliant. Of the early ones, I didn't enjoy The Visitor or Echo Burning, but thought they were all brilliant until Nothing to Lose and Gone Tomorrow when they became variable.

PantPlot Mon 07-Aug-17 22:43:35

I think my first one was 61 Hours, and that worked out ok.

The beauty of the whole series is that it jumps around and it's impossible to read anything out of sequence.

UtterlyFcked Tue 08-Aug-17 16:31:08

Thank you all, I have ordered both The Killing Floor and One Shot grin

OP’s posts: |
Deathraystare Wed 16-Aug-17 16:29:11

I have some of the books and really want to read them but now the 'hero' is Tom Bloody Cruise! Really put me off!

busyboysmum Wed 16-Aug-17 20:10:09

If you have a kindle pm me your email address as I have all the first books.

Deathraystare Fri 18-Aug-17 12:51:12

I have started reading the first book (Killing Floor now!) It amuses me that the Reacher character was described as tall and fair haired (I think he had a shaven head. though. So not Cruise like at all!.

PlayingGrownUp Fri 18-Aug-17 12:58:56

The Affair is easily my favourite. I love all the ones where he's still in the army mind.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in