Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Yesterday I binge read a whole book

(25 Posts)
Kenworthington Tue 11-Jul-17 16:33:52

I have t done that In such a long time. It was 'the couple next door' I just couldn't put it down! Anyone else binge read anything amazing recently?

OhtoblazeswithElvira Tue 11-Jul-17 16:35:02

Not recently but I just wanted to say good for you! I am weeping with envy here

Timeforabiscuit Tue 11-Jul-17 16:40:50

Im so happy for you, i love a good binge!!

The closest recently was "the power" happy sigh

NotTheDuchessOfCambridge Tue 11-Jul-17 16:48:53

Ooh I read that, I binged it too but it still took me a little longer as someone had to do the school run/feed the kids. Bloody kids, taking up my reading time!

userblahblahwhatever Tue 11-Jul-17 17:35:10

I love a good binge read! I also binge read this recently!

I'm now onto a sloowwwwww read- I saw a Man. It's still good though!

KoolKoala07 Tue 11-Jul-17 17:38:50

Ah I'm in the middle of this. Trying to find the time to read the rest. Hope it's good!

alltouchedout Tue 11-Jul-17 17:40:41

I binge read three books on Sunday. I would not say they were good- they're very kinky and very strange- but the first was free and the next two a couple of quid each and by the time I'd read the second I really needed to know where the heck the author was going with it. (Turns out, nowhere that great- bit of a wasted binge really).

RiverTam Tue 11-Jul-17 17:47:41

I really didn't like the The Power at all, can't imagine binge reading it.

Years ago I read The Hunter By Julia Leigh in 3 hours (it's quite a short book). Bliss.

allegretto Tue 11-Jul-17 17:53:57

Me too. I stayed up till 2am to finish too which hasn't happened in years. It was The Muse by Jessie Burton.

RubyRoseRing Wed 12-Jul-17 18:05:00

I once did this with 4 little children in the house.I kept having to put it down to change nappies, answer questions, prepare food, feed the baby (with bf at least you can pick the bk up again once the baby latches on). Fortunately it wa school holiday so no school run. And there were few fights to break up either. I have no idea what l read but, years later, l can still remember that glow of satisfaction. grin

bemusedbewildered Fri 14-Jul-17 13:40:57

Oh yes, I remember smugly bf dd1 and reading on my phone with the other hand. Harder to do with an elder child and a baby!

MycatsaPirate Sun 16-Jul-17 14:42:24

I also read an entire book yesterday - in fact I finished it at 3am as I simply couldn't put it down.

When you disappeared - bloody fantastic book but really had to get to the end!

mizu Sun 16-Jul-17 20:58:18

Reading The Power at the mo but not binge reading.

Last book I binge read was Lie with me by Sabine Durrant I think. Terrific book, I sped through it then passed it on to my mum and bought a copy of it for my best friend.

FerretsAreFeminists Tue 18-Jul-17 21:24:07

Nowt better than a good binge read grin

Sadly I don't have a lot of time to binge read these days however having said that, I did binge read Dead Woman Walking by Sharon Bolton a few weeks back. I simply couldn't put it down and I finished it in a day. Best book I've read in a while.

I also enjoyed The Couple Next Door.

BillyDaveysDaughter Tue 18-Jul-17 21:28:03

I've just binge-listened (on Audible) Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney. FABULOUS.

VittysCardigan Tue 18-Jul-17 21:43:25

I was lucky enough to travel to Mexico for DDs wedding last month not very subtle stealth boast one of the best things was binge reading 3 books! I haven't binge read for about 10 years. I read Elinore Oliphant is completely fine - best thing I've read for years. The Roanoke Girls - & latest Jill Mansell. I burnt out then & am now struggling to finish the latest Leanne Moriarty

Purple999Red Sun 30-Jul-17 10:40:17

It's been so long since I was able to binge read since I'm always so busy. :'(

NauticalDisaster Mon 31-Jul-17 00:27:28

The last in a five part series, Rituals by Kelley Armstrong (her Cainsville series) comes out in 2 weeks on Tuesday. My children are away from home that day and I plan to be up by 6 am to ensure my preorder ebook has downloaded and start reading. It will definitely be a binge reading day.

I may try to get to get something to keep me busy until then.

ScrambledSmegs Mon 31-Jul-17 00:32:29

I binge-read The Bees by Laline Paull a couple of weeks ago.

I'm still surprised by that - I mean, it's a book about a bee colony, written from the POV of one of the bees. How gripping can that be? But it was insanely good.

tabulahrasa Mon 31-Jul-17 00:35:14

How do you binge read one book? Isn't that just reading it?

bedelia Mon 31-Jul-17 16:02:39

I binge-read Fierce Kingdom by Gin Phillips this weekend, admittedly it was quite short (around 270 pages in paperback, though read on my Kindle) but was absolutely gripping.

It's about a mother and her 4 year old son who are at the zoo near closing time when they realise a gunman is on the loose. It's told in real-time, and is very, very good.

MsAmerica Sat 12-Aug-17 20:36:06

I absolutely LOVE doing that, but have only done it a few times in my life. I curl up comfortably, usually on a rain day, and make an accompanying afternoon tea with a pile of cucumber sandwiches.

burnoutbabe Sun 08-Oct-17 13:33:18

lol, i did the same with the same book "couple next door" - got the book 1 day before went on holiday and read it all that afternoon (took around 3 hours i think)

Last time i did that was with all the harry potters (5 onwards) when they were released. took around 7 hours for those one's! (with a break for lunch).

I don't count when I read a whole kids book in the bath (trebizon series for example) as they are only 120 or so pages.

StealthPolarBear Sun 08-Oct-17 13:35:17

I did that on holiday with Do not become alarmed, can really recommend it

Clawdy Mon 09-Oct-17 22:46:29

Love a binge read, but I thought The Couple Next Door was one of the worst books I've ever read!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now