Talk

Advanced search

Charity shop bargains!

(10 Posts)
TomatoTomAto Wed 31-May-17 17:39:48

I'm very happy with my mini charity shop haul today.
£1.50 for all three books ☺

What bargains have you got recently.
I love books (paper and kindle) with a passion. Getting them at this price makes me even happier ☺

TomatoTomAto Wed 31-May-17 17:42:06

There should definitely be a ? there somewhere...I'm clearly so so excited I've forgotten the basics of written English 😂

tobee Fri 02-Jun-17 17:09:11

That's a good selection. Sometimes they are atrocious. I haven't bought anything for a bit. My best old foraging ground was the dc's primary school fairs. But that's in the very distant past now.

thenightmanageress Fri 02-Jun-17 17:17:40

I love doing the charity shop circuits!
My best buys have included a v heavy gold necklace and a speciality silver bangle that I later sold for many many times it's price.
Through my work I arrange for an awful lot to go to the charity shops in my town but I still feel guilty when I find things that are much more valuable than the price they ask

I've just got the brand new Philip Kerr for a fiver. Also another load of books about Nazi Germany, but I'm saving those for when I'm feeling stronger!

Oh and Rose Tremain's Gustav Sonata.

TomatoTomAto Sat 03-Jun-17 15:57:12

Charity shops are the best!

A couple of years ago I got a massive set of brio tracks and trains for under a tenner. I felt bad because I knew on ebay that little lot would go for £££.

I still bought it 😶

TattiePants Sat 03-Jun-17 16:30:59

I've just got back from a week in Scotland, staying near Scotland's 2nd hand book town. I think I may have got a little bit carried away in a combination of charity shops and 2nd hand book shops!

beguilingeyes Thu 08-Jun-17 12:19:56

I bought two of Edith Pargetter's (Ellis Peters) Brother's of Gwynedd series in a charity shop in Shrewsbury and they're signed first editions.

VanderlyleGeek Fri 09-Jun-17 14:54:08

I've had great luck at the local Friends of the Library shop.
My recent best finds are first edition, hardback, pristine copies of Colm Toibin and Elizabeth Strout for $1 each!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now