Talk

Advanced search

Books to distract me

(5 Posts)
MsGee Mon 22-May-17 18:48:17

I'm looking for suggestions of books to read which are easy but not utter shite. I just need something to distract me and keep me sane of an evening - DD who has ASD is having an awful time and I'm struggling so need to escape into something easy.

I normally read Lianne Moriaty, Dorothy Koomson, Jenny Colgan, Jojo Moyes, Maggie O'Farrell - but am up to date with reading all those.

Storminateacup74 Mon 22-May-17 19:38:40

I have just finished The Unlikely pilgrimage of Harold Fry. It is one of the best books I have ever read. I wasn't sure at first as is the story of a retired gentleman walking from one end of England to the other to see a dying friend. It is a voyage of self discovery with really likeable characters. I couldn't put it down. Pure escapism.

Queenofthedrivensnow Mon 22-May-17 19:40:09

Not your genre but the sue Townsend books for adults are amazing. The queen and I is hilarious and random - would take your mind off anything!

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Mon 22-May-17 19:43:00

Tom Sharpes books are good for distracting yourself. Funny, clever, and a bit silly. I love the Wilt series he wrote best.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 23-May-17 22:22:59

Second the Tom Sharpe books. Also try Heartbreak Hotel which is a tad more uplifting than the title suggests smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now