Talk

Advanced search

The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan

(10 Posts)
HappydaysArehere Mon 15-May-17 14:55:47

I am so enjoying this book. I found it on iBooks for 99p. It had a good review and when I looked at Good Reads the reviews were full of five stars, then four stars and I saw just one three stars. It is unusual, page turning, charming and really humorous in some places. I am over half way and not wanting to get to the end. Anyone else reading/read it?

MadisonAvenue Mon 15-May-17 14:59:01

I'm reading it, I'm up to chapter 14. Really enjoying it!

Seeline Mon 15-May-17 15:00:49

I've just read it - got it cheap on Kindle. I thought it a really lovely, heartwarming read. Hoping the author writes some more.

HappydaysArehere Mon 15-May-17 15:30:00

Seeline she has another book coming out called A Beginners Guide To Drowning. However, the pre order copy isn't out until May of 2018! So I suppose she is still writing it. Have this image of her huddled over a computer desperate to meet deadlines and not disappoint her fan base. Pleased you both enjoyed it. Cannot believe all that enjoyment for. 99p.

Seeline Tue 16-May-17 08:13:24

Thanks Happy - I shall keep an eye open for it!

RightOnTheEdge Sat 20-May-17 22:12:03

I have read it and loved it!
If you are on Instagram the author's page is full of lost things she has seen while out and about. I love it. She replies to a lot of comments too.

Radishal Mon 29-May-17 12:03:31

Just finished this book. I loved it. Just wanted to say that.
I normally love thrillers and plot twists. This was a gentler version of that and none the worse for it. I loved all the characters and was egging them on as I read it. The story moved onto a style that an old cynic like me doesn't normally like. Loved it.

HappydaysArehere Wed 07-Jun-17 09:27:14

My husband is reading it now and he is totally absorbed. He says he is enjoying it.

oobidobidooooo Mon 12-Jun-17 20:21:01

Reading this currently and it's wonderful!

Has anyone got any recommendations for other books that are similar/ as good?

Missanneshirley Sat 17-Jun-17 23:22:53

This is 99p on kindle at the moment! Just bought it so I'm glad to read some good reviews

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now