Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone read sometimes I lie?

(11 Posts)
PetalMettle Wed 12-Apr-17 03:08:17

I need someone to talk to about the ending!

Twinkie1 Wed 12-Apr-17 04:16:58

Yes I've just finished it. Found it v v confusing.

PetalMettle Wed 12-Apr-17 07:27:49

Ah hurray! It's the bracelet I wondered about, right at the end - does that mean claire was still alive?

LavenderDoll Wed 12-Apr-17 07:37:36

The bracelet confused me.
I wondered if sunbed man had somehow got hold of it and wasn't dead ...

PetalMettle Wed 12-Apr-17 09:07:11

I still don't understand why he had a sunbed, was that explained?
The other thing I wondered was whether Claire never existed at all? Whether taylor had mpd and in the end subsumed her into her personality? But then there's too much of a back story for both girls for that to work isn't there?

IVFNewbie Mon 08-May-17 17:26:31

Just finished this....what was the last twist (re. the bracelet)? I fear I don't quite get it?

TenThousandSteps Thu 11-May-17 23:40:51

I've just finished this book and I need an answer regarding the bracelet at the end, so have come onto Mumsnet to see if there was a discussion about it and there is, but none the wiser!

Claire (who stole the bracelet) gave it back to Amber a few chapters earlier in the hospital, so not sure what the significance of it being on the room service tray at the end was. Any ideas?

I feel slightly miffed....

KReid1 Fri 12-May-17 13:31:17

I just finished this also and I have so many questions! I thought it was because I listened to the audio book and I probably zoned out a few times. So was it really Claire who caused the accident? If it was then why was there no question as to who was driving? And who was the psycho child, was it Claire or Amber?? And the bracelet? Come on! I thought it was so gripping throughout but the ending let me down unfortunately. If it had just ended with Amber killing Claire and her husband I would have thought it was a kind of twisted poetic justice. But all of those twists at the end just left me feeling confused. Well done to the writer though, I can definitely see this in the cinemas. :-)

WonderLime Wed 17-May-17 19:58:09

I just wanted to bump this as I'm really confused about the bracelet at the ending too. I think Edward's body wasn't found, was he (or did I misread)? But if so, how does he even end up with the bracelet?

I don't usually end up this stumped by books confused

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Thu 18-May-17 18:22:57

"I unzip the body of who I used to be and step outside of myself; a newborn Russian doll, a little smaller than I was before, wondering how many other versions of me are still hidden inside”.

I like to read before switching the light off at night. I couldn't read it in one go but it was certainly difficult to put down.
At around 2:30 am having reached the very end, I did go back and read the early chapters and the last ones again ( no baby, no job to go to next day!) to see if I figured it out and I still don't know for sure what the answer is.

Gripping book.

HollyJollyDillydolly Sat 20-May-17 09:05:21

I've just read this and googled what on earth the ending was about! The bracelet really confused me too. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now