Talk

Advanced search

Emma's Baby

(8 Posts)
Noeuf Sat 08-Apr-17 19:05:43

Or some such i bought in Tesco. What a load of tripe. Names all wrong for the ages, unless set in the 70s, no mobile phone to Google on - she uses a directory at one point to look for airlines. Usual stupid storyline involving people acting like nobody ever does ever.
Scenarios that couldn't happen because that's not how the systems work as far as I know.
Ended up skim reading it to the predictable ending.

Clawdy Sun 16-Apr-17 18:11:25

There seem to be more and more books like this being churned out. I started The Long Fall by Julia Crouch, and found it so slly and far-fetched that I skim read the last two chapters, and was glad I hadn't wasted time reading the whole book.

Noeuf Sun 16-Apr-17 18:16:14

Not sure how to avoid it, maybe stop buying books in the supermarket with my weekly shop grin

Clawdy Sun 16-Apr-17 19:38:07

Saw Emma's Baby in Tesco and wondered about it! Instead bought The Fire Child, and it's not exactly grabbing me! Too many similar books out at the moment.

Noeuf Sun 16-Apr-17 19:39:27

Is that the follow up to the Ice Twins? I thought it was dreadful if so - cod Victorian schlock horror

Clawdy Sun 16-Apr-17 19:44:22

Yes it is! Don't know why I got it, didn't really like The Ice Twins.....This one is like a poor version of Rebecca.....

Noeuf Sun 16-Apr-17 21:32:33

OMG it is! Wait til you get nearer the end

Clawdy Sun 16-Apr-17 22:07:13

Haha, can't wait!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now