Talk

Advanced search

Famous five adult books

(8 Posts)
hellokittymania Fri 31-Mar-17 01:27:57

I recently bought five on Brexit island and I am struggling to read it. Please tell me it gets more interesting further into the book. I thought they would be funny? Or is it just me.

Are the other ones better?

SplitInfinitive Fri 31-Mar-17 04:23:31

The idea sounds amusing, but that's probably as far as it goes. I've seen them but not been tempted to buy or read one.

Now, the original Famous Five novels - I'm reading one of those with DS atm and loving the nostalgia trip. I recommend doing that instead smile

FeralBeryl Fri 31-Mar-17 07:20:24

I was a little disappointed tbh.
I was given a few at Christmas as a massive FF fan. still often reread them and Mallory Towers The parenting one is slightly funnier, but they didn't remotely live up to my expectation sad

girlandboy Fri 31-Mar-17 07:21:46

I wasn't keen on the Brexit one, but I did quite enjoy the Gluten Free one.

lolalament Tue 11-Apr-17 02:44:02

I enjoyed the gluten free one, but couldn't get into Brexit and gave up halfway through

Clawdy Wed 12-Apr-17 16:09:29

Five Go Parenting was fun, but by the end, I had had enough.

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Wed 12-Apr-17 16:38:46

I was given one but had expected it to be far funnier than it was. I was very disappointed. I thought it was going to be properly good satire of the original books.

It wasn't.

Can't even remember which one I had, that's how good it was.

5foot5 Wed 12-Apr-17 22:29:05

DD bought me "Five Forget Mother's Day" for Mother's Day and I found it quite amusing. Obviously a very quick read but a few chuckle-worthy moments..

Probably a better bet than those adult Ladybird books which you can flick through in five minutes. The Five book probably lasted a couple of hours

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now