Talk

Advanced search

Crime/thriller recommendations?

(6 Posts)
sniffle12 Sat 25-Mar-17 22:55:14

I love crime/mysteries/thrillers but have quite a short attention span and like a strong, pacey plot that keeps me guessing. I find lots of crime fiction these days roams into the unorthodox-detective-battling-personal-demons territory and I get bored very quickly when large chunks of the narrative are about the detective's emotions/relationships/struggles etc. rather than the actual crime/mystery.

Any recommendations out there for crime/mystery books that I might like? Preferably not too graphic either - I'm not really a fan of reading about sexual violence which also seems to be increasingly a common feature of crime novels...

SplitInfinitive Sat 25-Mar-17 23:49:24

You might like Susan Hill's Simon Serrailler series. I really enjoyed them.

Angryangryyoungwoman Sat 25-Mar-17 23:51:36

I've just finished; I am pilgrim by Terry hayes which fits your criteria perfectly

ImperialBlether Sat 25-Mar-17 23:54:38

Check your mail, OP.

CadleCrap Sat 25-Mar-17 23:55:24

YY I have also just finished I am Pilgrim which was recommended by one f these threads.

I am currently reading the Lewis trilogy by Peter May, and thoroughly enjoy it.

Bee7777 Tue 28-Mar-17 00:08:08

You might enjoy The Mega Pig File by David Jordan. It's a nonfiction crime book about social workers snatching a baby and doing everything they could to stop that family having a normal life

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now