Talk

Advanced search

Light hearted book recommendations please!

(6 Posts)
WellieWanger Tue 14-Mar-17 14:05:22

I am on a Facebook break and am also pregnant and unwell. This means I have lots of time to spare! I used to love reading but have only read one book in full since before DC1 arrived, four years ago 😞 Would love to use this time to immerse myself in some candy floss literature. Can anyone recommend anything? I love Marian Keyes, some Sophie Kinsella. Anything along these lines? Thanks! Also, so excited to buy a real life book and not download something on the kindle that I never get round to finishing.

dontpokethebear Tue 14-Mar-17 14:15:05

If you like those authors, you might like Jill Mansell. She's my go to if I want something a little less cerebral and easy going, that I can pick up and put down without losing the plot.

WellieWanger Tue 14-Mar-17 14:26:35

Excellent. I actually may have read one of hers. Had forgotten about it! That's definitely the genre I am wanting-easy. Will get on amazon now 😀😀

hellokittymania Tue 14-Mar-17 14:33:07

If you go on YouTube and look for the WH Smith book club they usually have some pretty good stuff and a good variety. There was a book I read at Christmas called the 12 days of Christmas. I know it is March but it is a very heartwarming story and an easy Book to read. Unfortunately I read many books but can never remember the titles. Ha ha ha

TipTop333 Tue 14-Mar-17 14:42:33

Have you tried Mhiari Macfarlane?

WellieWanger Tue 14-Mar-17 17:57:24

Thank you hellokitty. I will have a look at that tonight. No worries about it being seasonal!
My plan is to order lots on DHs amazon tonight 😊 Not heard of Mhiari Macfarlane but will look for her too. Thank you ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now