Talk

Advanced search

A good site for avid readers to find new authors and titles

(7 Posts)
iamEarthymama Wed 01-Mar-17 10:41:05

I worked in libraries for nearly 30 years and was able to access such a wide range of authors, both in fiction and non-fiction.
Some of my happiest times in my working life.
I still use libraries but it's not the same; it was the joy of spotting books as they were returned and talking to the readers about them that helped me to read so widely.
Does anyone use a site that has great recommendations? I feel as though there must be amazing books out there that I am missing out on!

QuestionableMouse Wed 01-Mar-17 10:42:36

Good reads is the big one. Fantastic Fiction is a good site too.

SatsukiKusakabe Wed 01-Mar-17 12:01:08

Have you thought about joining the 50 book challenge threads on here? The focus isn't really on numbers read, some do less and some a lot more, but everyone writes a short review of everything they read. It is fantastic for recommendations and discovering things you might not have come across otherwise. You also get to know who has similar tastes to you so can pay attention when they have liked or disliked something, and there is a lot of discussion too.

Do come over and say hello if you fancy, it is a very friendly thread smile

ThereAreNoGhostsHere Wed 01-Mar-17 12:34:40

I use Goodreads. Their recommendations can be a bit hit and miss but I've been there quite a few years now and have made friends there based on our similar reading tastes. So there's always plenty to keep my reading lists topped up smile

Bookreader2403 Sun 05-Mar-17 12:24:01

Goodreads is a great source as is Lovereading.co.uk and have you considered BookTube? I find a LOT of great recommendations on those channels and its also very refreshing to hear people talk with such passion, for books.

Palegreenstars Sun 05-Mar-17 21:51:43

YouTube has a booktube community which is great. There is quite a heavy YA presence but once you get past them you can find great discussions about the latest books. I like watching TBRs and reviews.

iamEarthymama Mon 06-Mar-17 14:44:12

Thank you all
I will have a proper look at your suggestions this evening

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now