Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any good crime/thriller recommendations?

(28 Posts)
sparklingwaterandice101 Sun 26-Feb-17 11:01:30

I need a new book to read. I love and have read:

Elly Griffiths
Sharon Bolton
Jane Casey
Clare McGowan
Colette McBeth
Kate Rhodes
Val McDermid
Jo Nesbo

Also all the usual like Gone Girl, Girl on the Train, I Let You Go, Peter May, Sophie Hannah, Harlan Coben etc

Would love to download a great read today and read while I listen to the rain outside in front of the fire smile

RooDaisy Sun 26-Feb-17 11:04:32

LJ Ross, DCI Ryan series

countrygirl55 Sun 26-Feb-17 11:06:24

Just finished Trust in Me by Sophie McKenzie and I binged it in two train journeys. Was really thrilling and unexpected (crime/thriller). Would thoroughly recommend.

countrygirl55 Sun 26-Feb-17 11:06:49

Second the DCI Ross series too!

RooDaisy Sun 26-Feb-17 11:10:16

T R Ragan, Faith McCann series was also really good.
I've read loads of good ones but via Kindle unlimited so don't have them saved on my Kindle

CantstandmLMs Sun 26-Feb-17 11:11:41

I just finished the two Detective Lennon novels by Louise Voss and Mark Edwards "From the Cradle" and "Blissfully Dead" really enjoyed them.

I will take a look at DCI Ross.

sparklingwaterandice101 Sun 26-Feb-17 11:24:06

Thanks all I'll download and report back! countrygirl i read that one and enjoyed it! Thanks again for your recommendations smile

KurriKurri Sun 26-Feb-17 12:17:09

I've recently enjoyed the Shirley Wells Kennedy and Trentham series.

Ed James - DI Fenchurch aren't bad (he's also written another series about an Edinburgh DC - Scott Cullen, but I don;t like them as much - some annoying characters and the writing gets a bit samey)

I enjoyed DCI Ross as well.

Paul Gitson - DCI Warren Jones series also good.

And Kate Ellis ( Wesley Peterson series)

Alex Gray - William Lorrimer series (I've only read one of these so far, but I enjoyed it)

And the Peter May books set on Lewis (3 books IIRC) are very good.

Allice Sun 26-Feb-17 12:26:39

I love Karin Slaughter, especially the earlier ones.

Allice Sun 26-Feb-17 12:27:57

I also really enjoyed the Robert Gilbraith books,

CantstandmLMs Sun 26-Feb-17 14:19:48

Yep enjoyed all the JK (as Robert) books too.

tobee Sun 26-Feb-17 15:14:14

Someone on here recommended The Kind Worth Killing and I listened as an audiobook. Was one of better ones.

Rebecca is great.

iamEarthymama Sun 26-Feb-17 15:26:35

I really like Robert Galbraith's have reread them several times.

I love Sara Paretsky and Sue Grafton, the character development is great.

sJ Parris for historical crime.

Phil Rickman, the Merrily Watkins series, the Grayle series and the stand alone spinechillers.

Ian Rankin's Rebus series

Jonathan Kellerman and Faye Kellerman

Dana Stabenow, set in Alaska

Frouby Sun 26-Feb-17 15:30:03

Tana French. A series of 6 I think. First one is Into The Woods . Fabulous reads.

Also I loved the Shetland and Vera series by Anne Cleeves. Also the Simon Serrailer series by Susan Hill.

But definitely definitely try Tana French. They get better as the series progresses. All stand alone novels but characters reappear so best read in order.

knowler Sun 26-Feb-17 15:30:13

I read Behind her Eyes on I think a mumsnet recommendation and didn't see the twist at the end coming at all shock

SandysMam Sun 26-Feb-17 16:12:30

Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris is amazing!!

macnab Mon 27-Feb-17 18:53:12

I've just finished "I'm travelling alone" by Samuel Bjork. It's fantastic, by far my favourite book of the year so far smile

It's a Norwegian crime novel (translated obviously) brilliantly written and gripping. I'd highly recommend it.

OuiMerci Mon 27-Feb-17 18:55:59

Clare Mackintosh's I See You was quite good. I read it after I Let You Go.

Veterinari Mon 27-Feb-17 18:58:09

Stuart Macbride
Ann Cleeves
Susan Hill
Linwood Barclay

KanyesVest Mon 27-Feb-17 19:47:21

I love Tana French too, although some of her endings aren't terribly "tidy" which some find frustrating.

HappydaysArehere Tue 21-Mar-17 09:27:21

The Teleious Ring by Adam Loxley. Almost finished it and am thoroughly enjoying it. It well written, packed with details about the underside of secret service activities and above all really page turning.

Deathraystare Tue 21-Mar-17 16:19:25

I've just finished "I'm travelling alone" by Samuel Bjork. It's fantastic, by far my favourite book of the year so far smile

It's a Norwegian crime novel (translated obviously) brilliantly written and gripping. I'd highly recommend it.

Yes, yes. It was great! I was a bit slow on who was doing the killings!

MrsPnut Tue 21-Mar-17 16:26:27

MJ Arlidge
Angela Marsons
Helen H Durrant

I loved all three series of books at the back end of last year, finding a new author is brilliant but finding they have a back catalogue to read is even better.

orzal Tue 21-Mar-17 16:28:07

Lin Anderson books are great.

SaladDressing Sat 25-Mar-17 22:47:13

I'm loving the Rachel Abbott books. I've just read 'Sleep Tight' and have started 'Stranger Child'. There are a few more in the series as well but I don't think they need to be read in order.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now