Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This attitude is really annoying......

(5 Posts)
crispyduck Thu 01-Mar-07 09:44:16

Ds1 reads Jacqueline Wilson books...a family member says they are to girly and he should be reading about boys stuff.....this really annoys me...I think if they enjoy a particular author..what is the problem...
Yor veiws pls
Thanks x

princesscc Thu 01-Mar-07 09:50:49

Jacqueline Wilson covers all the delicate issues that girls AND boys will come cross in life at some stage. I think the problem is, most people associate her with Tracey Beaker, which I suppose is mainly a girlie programme. I think its great and lets face it, the fact that he is reading at all is a bonus!!

crispyduck Thu 01-Mar-07 09:53:26

he loves reading

MuminBrum Thu 01-Mar-07 10:05:01

I would be delighted if my DS (in the future - he's only 2.11) read JW. Tell the family member to naff off.

clerkKent Thu 01-Mar-07 12:19:54

He has good taste. DD used to wonder why I stopped reading out loud to her in several JW books - it was due to the lump in my throat. She now reads them herself.

She picks them out in 2nd hand bookshops - but often finds the first editions. I send her back until she finds the paperback version at a fifth of the cost.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now