Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Coffin Road by Peter May. What next?

(7 Posts)
tobee Thu 16-Feb-17 23:16:49

I've been listening to loads of books on audible recently which have been in a similar vein, mostly modern thriller type books. They help me get through dull household chores as they are page turners. Some have been really good. Some have been dire. And in between.

I've listened to The Kind Worth Killing as recommended on here (really enjoyable) and just this minute finished Coffin Road by Peter May. It was very well narrated by Peter Forbes. Which other Peter May books should I try? Or others of this genre?

(I would also like to ask people what they think make some of these thrillers good and why some are crap, but that's another thread...)

Look forward to your suggestions, thanks.

waycat Fri 17-Feb-17 06:24:30

I've just finished reading Peter May's Lewis Trilogy and was absolutely gripped through all three books. I have looked at Coffin Road myself, so will probably give that a go now since you enjoyed it.

I would recommend the Lewis Trilogy if you like Peter May. Not sure what the deal is with audio because I prefer to read, but the stories are really good and suspenseful.

OCSockOrphanage Fri 17-Feb-17 15:46:55

His Enzo McLeod series are good too, and the standalone novels (though I like these least). I also liked the China series he wrote; I think these were his first novels. Before writing novels, he was a very successful TV screen writer.

Helenluvsrob Fri 17-Feb-17 15:54:10

Lewis trilogy is ace! Coffin road good but those are better I'd a bit " gritty" and dark at times .

Ann cleaves shethland books ( jimmy perez). And her Vera Stanhope books are much better than tv.

Then take a leap of faith and try the shardlake books - Tudor historical murder type stuff. The anton lesser narrations are best .

Turn go back further and get yourself a doe of Roman murder mystery with falco books by Lindsay Davis.

# am a audible addict !

tobee Fri 17-Feb-17 15:57:33

Thanks for the suggestions. God there's a lot of jumping on the band wagon bilge out there!

cdtaylornats Sat 18-Feb-17 21:30:59

With the Falco books you can get some of them on the BBC iPlayer as they were dramatised for Radio 4

Helenluvsrob Sun 19-Feb-17 19:28:33

Cdtayor indeed you can get falco on iplayer and they are good but the unabridged reading has the edge re detail etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now