Talk

Advanced search

the artists way-Julia Cameron

(3 Posts)
wheelsanddollbaby Wed 28-Feb-07 08:54:47

I have had this book on my shelf for seven years and have picked it up and put it down several times. I can't seem to get into it. My friend swears by it and thinks that if I read it all my problems will be miraculously resolved. I just wanted to know if anyone else had any good feedback about it to and whether it was worth devoting some time to plough through it again.

pishwasher Wed 28-Feb-07 08:58:58

I'm like you. I've had it for a decade now and never really gotten into it!

twocatsonthebed Wed 28-Feb-07 09:07:24

On the surface, I loathe every Californian, smiling self-help super-esteeming bit of it.

However, I do have to say, that (back in my child-free days) when I did knuckle down to her precepts, I did write quite a lot, and probably felt better for it too.

What do you want from it? TAW is good for writing, but if you want all your problems miraculously resolved (or something of the sort) I would suggest Simple Abundance (by Julia Baith Breachnach, whose name I definitely haven't spelt right). Less work, more interesting, and less focussed exclusively on writing/creativity. And possibly a bit less Californian too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now