Talk

Advanced search

Outlander - WTF (spoilers!)

(12 Posts)
TheLittleFoxes Tue 10-Jan-17 12:46:35

Have nearly finished reading the first book but am utterly bemused at what happens when Jamie is on his deathbed in France. What the fuck is Claire doing pretending to be Randall and getting into a fight with Jamie? Do I need to read on for it to make sense? I've enjoyed it up to this part but not enjoying reading about what Randall did to Jamie and then this bizarre nonsense.

Dunlurking Tue 10-Jan-17 17:25:04

I agree - I found that tough. You should see it on Amazon Prime - the scene between Randall and Jamie. I couldn't believe they actually showed it. In fact don't see it as it sticks in your head even more than the book scene.

TheLittleFoxes Tue 10-Jan-17 20:56:47

shock I'm not sure I want to see that!

kiwiblue Tue 10-Jan-17 21:06:38

Yes the scene in France doesn't make sense to a lot of people, and they removed it from the series, I think because it's too confusing. I think basically Claire is trying to exorcise his demons but it's weird.

Agree with dunlurking, they went so graphic in the series and I couldn't bear to watch it!

Redglitter Tue 10-Jan-17 21:12:19

Keep reading. As kiwi says Claire is trying to exorcise the demons since nothing eLee has worked

SatsukiKusakabe Wed 11-Jan-17 07:44:36

Whenever I read anything about the outlander series it sounds absolutely bonkers grin

TheLittleFoxes Wed 11-Jan-17 07:50:03

It is bonkers! And there's a lot of bonking too.

Well I finished it. I'm not sure whether I'll carry on with the series. Is the second book any good?

Does Claire ever find out anything more about Geillie Duncan?

ThomasHardyPerennial Thu 12-Jan-17 20:13:03

I got about halfway through the second book before I gave up - life is too short!

Minniemagoo Thu 12-Jan-17 20:19:55

I really enjoyed the first book but didnt stick with the series as I found it massively repeatitive. Same storyline, different characters/different country.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Thu 12-Jan-17 20:21:31

I've read them all. They get progressively more complex and confusing. Not watched the series though.

kiwiblue Fri 13-Jan-17 08:35:37

I've read nearly all of them. The first three are good, after that they get a lot more strange.

Yes there is a lot more about Geillis!

HelenDenver Fri 13-Jan-17 08:39:19

Claire is desperate - she's going to save Jamie or die in the attempt, as he's made his mind up to die.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now