Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ODD THOMAS - DEAN KOONTZ. Could someone remind me what the follow on novel is called please?

(15 Posts)
totaleclipse Wed 21-Feb-07 19:51:12

totaleclipse Wed 21-Feb-07 19:57:38

pretty please

essanel Wed 21-Feb-07 20:11:09

forever odd and have noticed that he has done a 3rd one brother odd!

totaleclipse Wed 21-Feb-07 20:14:00

oooh, fab, thanks

themaskedposter Wed 21-Feb-07 20:14:37

am reading Brother Odd now ...

not as good as Forever Odd IMO - but still enjoyable

themaskedposter Wed 21-Feb-07 20:17:05

sorry - meant to say : not as good as Odd Thomas

(havent read Forever Odd yet - saw it and then thought I was buying it, but when I got it out to read it was Brother Odd .. I bought it at Singapore Airport and was between two zillion hour flights and was therefore not up to speed intellect wise!!! sigh )

essanel Wed 21-Feb-07 20:24:24

I think Dean Koontz has got better over the years - I love the Odd series and just finished Velocity which is totally different to anything he has written before - very James Patterson-esque, whereas I loved Stephen King but struggling to read his latest one Liseys Story

totaleclipse Wed 21-Feb-07 20:48:13

He is good, I read a couple of his older once a few months back, Intensity and Lightening, both pretty gripping.

totaleclipse Wed 21-Feb-07 20:48:59

But I think his best so far has to be, From the corner of his eye.

essanel Wed 21-Feb-07 20:59:08

ooh i forgot about that one- that was intense! I also liked lightening... i read one years ago by him called watchers which i from memory i thought was great but i've never been able to find it again [sad emoticon]

totaleclipse Wed 21-Feb-07 21:01:30

essanel
here

essanel Wed 21-Feb-07 21:04:25

thank you - added to watch list thank you very much - this is why i love mumsnet!

totaleclipse Thu 22-Feb-07 19:12:22

Had a crazy moment and have bought all 3 off ebay whoops.

janeite Fri 23-Feb-07 20:35:05

My favourites are "From The Corner Of His Eye" and "One Door Away From Heaven". I've gone off him now though as the last few I've read have been a bit too schmalzey (can't spell it sorry!) and samey for my liking. "From The Corner Of His Eye" is a really good one to try, if you haven't read any of his before; it certainly got me hooked on him for a while.

mistypeaks Fri 23-Feb-07 20:42:55

The Bad Place and Dragon Tears are my faves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now