Talk

Advanced search

What regency romance series do I want?

(11 Posts)
ShouldIBuyOrShouldIGo Wed 14-Dec-16 20:00:31

I confess to loving a simple regency romance - Julie Quinn, Galen Foley, Mary Baloigh, Eloisa James - stuff that doesn't request any thought and has the odd sex scene! DP wants to by me a series for Christmas, any recommendations?

hugoagogo Wed 14-Dec-16 20:05:21

Have you tried MC Beaton?
There are millions of 'em grin no sex though iirc

hugoagogo Wed 14-Dec-16 20:06:52

Oh yeah, Stephanie Laurens.

HarrietVane99 Wed 14-Dec-16 20:10:29

I suppose you"ve read Georgette Heyer? She invented the genre; most other Regency novels are just imitations. Witty and well researched. No sex though.

ShouldIBuyOrShouldIGo Wed 14-Dec-16 20:27:44

I like Georgette Heyer but books are better with a sex scene! Bit of a generalisation I know

hugoagogo Wed 14-Dec-16 20:33:00

I do know what you mean, I went through all the Julia Quinn books very rapidly smile

Okkitokkiunga Wed 14-Dec-16 21:06:27

Have you tried Lisa Kleypas or Lucinda Brant. LB has similar sorts of sex scenes to E James. Julia Quinn is a bit too flowery and desperate, not that that's stopped me from reading them grin. LB wrote a book that's a sexy fan fiction of GH's These Old Shades, though the rest of the series are her own stories.

Okkitokkiunga Wed 14-Dec-16 21:08:30

Noble Satyr - Roxton family series.

Ashley Gardner's quite good too though hers are regency crime with a smattering of bedroom stuff.

MauraFedora Wed 14-Dec-16 22:15:34

Mary Balogh every time! Have you read all her series?

Okkitokkiunga Thu 15-Dec-16 09:21:52

Amanda Quick too.

scaryteacher Fri 30-Dec-16 11:37:41

Second Stephanie Laurens, esp the Cynster books. Nowhere near as good as Georgette Heyer in terms of regency social observation and nuance, but great bodice rippers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now