Talk

Advanced search

Audio book recommendations

(5 Posts)
wheatchief Sun 30-Oct-16 15:56:30

DP has asked for audio books for Christmas. He listens to a few radio 4 segments that he likes - the unbelievable truth is a face and he sometimes likes just a minute. There's lots of random things he likes on radio 4, Chambers, Dilemma, all sorts.

He's not a big reader but likes Dean Koontz, which is not my cup of tea at all.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I can probably do fiction but wondered if anyone had any suggestions along the lines of the type of panel shows and discussions you find on radio 4.

MermaidofZennor Sun 30-Oct-16 16:37:10

It sounds like he might enjoy more podcasts, which are free to download. Has he got an i-pod he could put loads onto?

Alternatively, Audible have radio programmes to buy through their website.

wheatchief Sun 30-Oct-16 16:59:54

I know, I thought that about podcasts. The thing is I'd like something my parents could buy for him and that he could listen to in the car. He has a media player, not an ipod but similar.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

frenchfancy Sun 30-Oct-16 21:22:27

What about Stephen King? I have listened to both The Stand and Under the Dome, of the 2 I would say The Stand was the best, but both were very good Audio Books.

MermaidofZennor Mon 31-Oct-16 05:59:09

Could they perhaps buy him a year"s subscription to Audible and then he could choose what to use his month's credit on as and when he finds something that appeals?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now