Talk

Advanced search

The Conclave POSSIBLE SPOILERS

(5 Posts)
drudgewithagrudge Tue 25-Oct-16 12:24:00

Has anyone else read this? I have several questions about the twist at the end that I would like someone else's opinion o

Dunlurking Tue 25-Oct-16 16:54:18

Yes. Just. Saw the twist coming but wasn't convinced by it. What did you think drudge? I thought a lot of the significant events unbelievable, including the end. I enjoyed all the conclave information and insight though. What were your questions?

tripfiction Tue 25-Oct-16 19:05:20

Hi - I don't know if my blogpost on Conclave is of any use? www.tripfiction.com/thriller-set-in-the-vatican/

drudgewithagrudge Tue 25-Oct-16 19:57:15

I think the twist was a cheap shot but as I have little knowledge of people who don't know what sex they are I don't know if it is realistic.
Surely someone would see other people's genitals at some point even if they were only babies. Would he/she have had breasts or periods. That would be a bit of a giveaway.
Did the previous Pope know his secret?

Dunlurking Wed 26-Oct-16 08:06:06

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I think puberty is when it should become really obvious - person would have monthly abdominal pain when period should be, even though they don't bleed because of fused labia, and there are problems with the build-up of menstrual blood having nowhere to go vague memories of learning something about this in undergraduate days And I assume breasts would develop then as well - but think her racial background made her flat chested anyway. I believe the clitoris is mistaken for the penis in these cases as it can be quite large. Hence the proposed cliteropexy - where it is reduced in size.

Doesn't the book does say the previous pope knew but it got forgotten/suppressed with everything else going on? I might need to go back and check on that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now