Talk

Advanced search

Girl on the train film trailer

(18 Posts)
themumfairy Mon 26-Sep-16 13:30:06

Anyone else disappointed in the film trailer?
Its nothing like i pictured when reading the book.

OP’s posts: |
SwedishEdith Mon 26-Sep-16 20:02:12

Yes, it looked even more dreadful than book. I did secretly enjoy the book, of course.

rhiaaaaaaaannon Mon 26-Sep-16 20:03:53

Yes it looks very American.
I pictured a tubby, average looking woman going past a load of English terraced houses.

JammyDodger16 Mon 26-Sep-16 20:05:41

It's not gritty or London and the main character is far too clean. Disappointed but going to see it anyway

Threebedsemii Mon 26-Sep-16 20:05:51

Yes, I really wanted her to go home to her flat in a new build block in Hemel Hempstead and trundle through Hampstead every day looking at might've been!

JammyDodger16 Mon 26-Sep-16 20:05:54

It's not gritty or London and the main character is far too clean. Disappointed but going to see it anyway

Hepzibar Fri 30-Sep-16 22:23:19

It's absolutely nothing like I imagined or the description from the book.

Won't be watching it.

JellyWitch Fri 30-Sep-16 22:28:11

The book was shite (although a page turner) but the film trailer looks worse.

SansaClegane Fri 30-Sep-16 22:31:41

Oh, I'm gutted they turned it into an American thing. Why? Anyone know?

BendydickCuminsnatch Fri 30-Sep-16 22:33:01

Oh I thought the trailer looked waaaaay better than the book. I did finish the book but didn't get that into it as the main character was so irritating and unlikeable. I did read it straight after Gone Girl though, which I massively enjoyed (I know lots of people hated it!) so that probably didn't help! Thought Emily Blunt looked really impressive in the trailer.

dalmatianmad Fri 30-Sep-16 22:34:58

It's nothing like I pictured it when I read the book last year so I won't be going to watch it!
I read the most amazing book last week "behind closed doors" by BA Paris, was excellent smile

Hepzibar Sat 01-Oct-16 09:07:20

I read that too dalmatian I couldn't put it down, read it almost in one go.

dalmatianmad Sat 01-Oct-16 09:12:04

Me too, in 1 day I think, think this will make an excellent film!

Marmite17 Sat 01-Oct-16 14:50:35

I pictured terraced houses, a bit like part approaching Liverpool Street station. Thought the book started well, then found the story a bit unbelievable. Liked the main character though plus the pace Read it in a day.

PinkyOfPie Sun 02-Oct-16 23:54:38

Just finished reading the books ok which I read in a day. Loved it! Can't wait to see the film although I'm very disappointed it's it set in uk

gypsy22 Tue 04-Oct-16 08:00:19

The wallpaper in the child's room is lovely
It's a friend of mines design !
The film is unrecognisable from the book - kerching - it's all about the money
Sadly

NeverNic Tue 04-Oct-16 22:02:49

Actually thought the trailer made the story look better....

CoolCarrie Wed 05-Oct-16 13:10:28

It looks disappointing tbh, I haven't read the book yet, but it definitely doesn't look as gritty or London looking as it certainly should, going on the reviews of the book. It is a shame that the filmmakers didn't make it in england, with an unknown actress perhaps, although I like Emily Blunt, but as pp said it is all about the money unfortunately.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in