Talk

Advanced search

Do you recognise this novel? Been trying to find it for years,

(9 Posts)
Flossyfloof Fri 02-Sep-16 13:54:44

I started reading this book in Waterstones ages ago. The book begins with a call to one sister informing her that the other sister has died or is missing. The missing girl was supposed to be backpacking with a friend but they had parted company some time ago. The family at home had not been aware of this.
I seem to remember a description of walking on floorboards.
That's all I can remember! I have tried on numerous occasions to track it down with no success, wonder if anyone on here can help please?

OP’s posts: |
lifeistooshort Fri 02-Sep-16 13:59:59

I have read it and know the one you mean but can't for the life of me remember what it is called. It is a good book though. Will post back if I remember

Flossyfloof Fri 02-Sep-16 14:03:26

Oh thanks ever so much, that would be great! Even more detail if you can dodge it up! I seem to remember the friend's name was Tom and the bereaved sister had a fragile relationship with heartier/husband.
I tried googling it again this morning but despite putting book or novel in the search was coming up with the recent tragic events at a hostel in Australia.

lifeistooshort Fri 02-Sep-16 14:17:54

Flossie Have had a look on the internet and I think it might be sister by Rosamund Lupton but there isn't enough description of the plot for me on Amazon to be sure.

bumpetybumpbumpbump Fri 02-Sep-16 14:25:54

Oh I think I read this a few years ago!!

The sea sisters by Lucy Clarke ??

lifeistooshort Fri 02-Sep-16 14:33:16

Actually bumjpety is right. I looked at the description of the sea sisters and it is definitely the one. Happy reading!

bumpetybumpbumpbump Fri 02-Sep-16 14:40:20

Loved this book-downloaded it to read again smile

Flossyfloof Fri 02-Sep-16 14:48:06

Brilliant! Especially given that the detail I could remember was wrong! I might make it my choice for book club next time it's my go! Thanks so much.

Flossyfloof Fri 02-Sep-16 14:48:51

It did sound like the Lulton one and I read it thinking it might be, but no.
Thanks again, off to download it!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in